* Questions to ask as you design writing assignments
* Write-to-Learn assignments for college seminars – WTL activities & suggestions about how to incorporate them into a course
* General assignment design – Strategies for developing assignment instructions in a way that facilitates good student response.
* Sample WID & WM Assignments & Syllabi – A range of assignments shared by Drew faculty
* How to highlight a text – A workshop by Writing Fellow Marley Amico
* Rhetorical Reading Information Literacy – A handout and workshop ideas
* Peer Review Workshops – a General guide to peer workshops and types of long and brief workshops
* Thesis and Organization workshop – exploring the relationship between thesis and topic sentences
* Color Coding the Parts of a Draft to aid Revision
* Using Skeleton Outlines in the Revision Process
* Paper Organization Flow Chart – a template to help in prewriting or revision for organization
* Sample Rubrics from Drew Faculty – Rubrics and strategies shared by our colleagues
* What students have to say about grading – YouTube video produced by students about what they value in instructor feedback.
Resources from Elsewhere
- OWL Purdue: Writing Across the Curriculum & Writing to Learn: suggestions for incorporating writing and writing-to-learn activities in your classes
- WAC at George Mason University: one of the country’s leading WAC programs
- The WAC Clearinghouse: Central collection site for WAC nationwide programs. Contains many resources, including readings and is the home of Across the Disciplines
- Council of Writing Program Administrators: National professional organization for writing program administrators. Policy statements, teaching resources, and the Writing Program Administration Journal
- Central Michigan University: WAC/WID: Program description and writing center resources
- Minnesota State Writing to Learn: Description of program, sample assignments, key concepts
- University of Illinois WAC: Program description, links, resources, assignments and syllabi.
Sandra Jamieson. 2013