Small school advantages. Big world opportunities.
Step on to Drew’s campus and you will see why it is called “the Forest.” Here you’ll find interactive classes where professors know you by name and you will acquire 7 skills for success.
Set in suburban New Jersey just 29 miles west of New York City, Drew offers one-of-a-kind semesters at the United Nations, on Wall Street, in the contemporary art scene and about media and communications.
And the many corporate headquarters and research laboratories in our neighborhood sponsor academic internships which put our students on a path to world.
Learn Some Fast Facts About Drew In…
At Drew, we take a holistic approach to reviewing your application and consider many factors in our decision, including your high school grades, course of study, recommendations, essay, extracurricular involvement and test scores.
- Apply Online via the Common App
- $60 Non-refundable Application Fee
- Personal Statement*
- Counselor, Teacher, IB Diploma Coordinator, Six Forum Advisor or Head Master recommendation*
- Secondary School/High School Transcript
- Evaluation of All School Credentials, Submitted in English
- Signed Early Decision Agreement (ED applicants only)
- Results from English Proficiency Exam (TOEFL or IELTS)
May be waived on a case-by-case basis based on SAT/ACT scores or previous study.
- Application for Form I-20 and Affidavit(s) of Support
Provide a copy of the affidavit of support for each sponsor. Although these documents are not required until after admission, providing them with your application can help expedite the issuance of your form I-20. (Not required for U.S. citizens or permanent residents currently studying and living abroad.)
- Official Bank Account Statement in U.S. Dollars
The statement(s) must show funds available to the student in an amount equal to or greater than the total cost of attendance for one year. The statement(s) must be issued by the financial institution (webpage print-out does not qualify).
* included on Drew Online Application and Common Application.
Minimum Admissions Requirements for Current High School Students
- Secondary/high school diploma
- In-country equivalent of 3.0 high school GPA on a 4.0 scale
- TOEFL iBT 80 (18 minimum subscores), IELTS 6.5 (6.0 minimum subscores) or completion of INTO Academic English Level 6 with no grades below C (language requirement may be waived on an individual basis based on SAT/ACT scores or previous study in English-speaking country.)
- Submission of supporting documents for review
Do you need more English language preparation? Consider applying to INTO New York at Drew University.
International students may qualify for merit-based scholarships, which are based on previous academic achievement. Students are automatically considered for a scholarship at the point of admission. First-year international applicants are also eligible to apply for additional merit aid through one of our specialty scholarships in the Arts, Science and Civic Engagement. Learn more.
Special Admissions Programs
First-year international students may also apply for one of Drew’s innovated dual degree or accelerated degree programs focusing on education, medicine and more.
Drew welcomes Transfer students from around the world. In addition to submitting the materials listed above transfer students should also submit transcripts from all prior colleges and/or Universities.
Students located outside the United States and unable to visit campus can take advantage of a 30-minute optional interview with a Drew University admissions counselor via Skype.
Schedule a Skype Interview
INTO New York at Drew University
INTO New York at Drew University offers two innovative programs for international students who require additional academic or English language support who may not meet requirements for direct admission to Drew’s Bachelor of Arts program. Learn more about the 2+2 Pathway or the Academic English Programs.