Summer Term Applicants
SummerTerm is open to current Drew students, as well as visiting students from other colleges and universities, college graduates and college level students not currently engaged in any formal educational program. High school juniors and seniors, ready to sample higher education, may also share the classroom with college students and our distinguished faculty.
On Campus Classes for Undergraduates
Undergraduate tuition for SummerTerm 2016 classes is $680 per credit, for a total of $2,720 for a four-credit course, and $5,440 for an eight credit course.
$25 Application Fee
$25 Transcript Fee
$50 Parking Fee
Certain courses include lab and studio fees (check individual course descriptions).
Financial statements are provided through the TreeHouse portal only (they will not be mailed). Payment is due in full before the start of classes. Financial aid is not available for SummerTerm.
Drew students register through TreeHouse Self-Service. SummerTerm runs on an open enrollment basis so a PIN is not required in order to register for classes. However, we recommend that you consult with your advisor before registering.
Register in TreeHouse
Visiting students must be in good academic standing at their home school and have successfully met all course prerequisites in order to enroll. It is the responsibility of visiting students to secure approval from their home schools before registering for SummerTerm classes. Drew cannot guarantee that a course will be transferable but can provide course syllabi to assist with this process. To register:
- Submit SummerTerm application by clicking the “Apply for Classes” button below.
- You will receive an email asking you to activate your Drew account. Activating your account gives you access to TreeHouse, the online student portal. Access to TreeHouse is required in order to submit your health forms, to view your statement and register your car for a parking pass.
- Drew will register you for the course/s you indicate on your Application/Registration Form and notify you via email that your request has been processed.
- Go to Admitted Student page for information about health forms (required of all students attending classes at Drew), parking, housing and other services.
Apply for Classes
International students are required to have an F-1 student visa in order to participate in this program and must submit the following to the Office of Continuing Education, Drew University, Madison, NJ 07940:
- Official TOEFL scores
- Course-by-course evaluation of all academic credentials submitted in English
Withdrawal, Refund Policy and Cancellations
- All cancellations must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- Please review the academic calendar for deadlines regarding adding/dropping classes.
- Non-attendance does not constitute an official withdrawal. Failure to withdraw officially will result in a grade of “F” for the course. You will also be billed for the cost of the course.
- Drew reserves the right to cancel courses at any time. A full refund will be issued if a course is cancelled by Drew University.
Once you are registered for a SummerTerm class, visit the admitted student page for information on housing, billing, disability services, parking passes, network accounts, ID cards, classroom assignments and more.
Off Campus Program – Wall Street Summer
Tuition for this 8 credit course is $5,440. No discounts or scholarships apply. Tuition does not include travel to, from and around Manhattan, as well as meals or any other expenses incurred during the program.
This program is subject to the withdrawal/refund policies covering intensive schedule classes. Students who withdraw after registering, but before the first meeting of the course receive a full refund. Students who withdraw before the second full day of the course receive a 50 percent tuition refund. Students who withdraw after the second full day of the course receive no refund.
Applications are now being accepted from undergraduate students, including visiting students from other colleges and universities, rising undergraduate freshmen, and high school juniors and seniors. Space is limited and admission will be given on a rolling basis. Admitted students can begin registering on March 14.
Before you can register for this program, you must submit an online application for admission. Once admitted, you will be instructed to register for either BST 101 Principles of Financial Markets (introductory level course) or ECON 281 Wall Street and the Economy (intermediate level course). Students registering for ECON 281 must have fulfilled the following prerequisite courses: ECON 101 Economic Principles: Microeconomics and ECON 102 Economic Principles: Macroeconomics.
Withdrawal and Reimbursement Policy
All withdrawal requests must be made in writing by emailing the Registrar’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org and the SummerTerm Office at email@example.com by the deadlines indicated below.
- Wall Street Session I: June 6 – 24, 2016
Students who withdraw before midnight on Tuesday, June 7, 2016 will receive a full tuition refund, less the $25 application fee. Withdrawal before midnight of Thursday, June 8, 2016 will result in a 50% discount. No refunds will be issued after Thursday, June 8th.
- Wall Street Session II: July 11 – 29, 2016
Students who withdraw before midnight on Tuesday, July 12, 2016 will receive a full tuition refund, less the $25 application fee. Withdrawal before midnight of Thursday, July 14, 2016 will result in a 50% discount. No refunds will be issued after Thursday, July 14th.
Apply for Wall Street Summer Program
High School Students
In addition to submitting the online application, high school students must also provide the additional documentation described under Programs for High School Students.
Programs for High School Students – Early College
To qualify for the Early College program, high school junior and senior students must be in the top 25 percent of their high school class with demonstrated academic and extracurricular achievement.
High school students pay reduced tuition of $350 per credit, or $1,400 for each on-campus four-credit course. There are no discounts for the Wall Street Summer Program or the Theatre Arts Summer Program in New York City. The tuition for the Wall Street Summer Program is $5,440. Tuition for the Theatre Arts Summer Program is $2,720 per course.
High school students must first apply for admission to SummerTerm. Once the application is reviewed, instructions will be provided on how to register for classes.
In addition to the online application, high school juniors and seniors must submit the following for all courses:
- Official copy of high school transcript
- Two letters of recommendation: one from a high school teacher, one from high school guidance counselor.
- Minors must have the written permission of parent/guardian.
- Please mail to: Office of Continuing Education, Drew University, Madison NJ 07940
Apply for Early College Summer Program
Programs for High School Students – Studio Art Portfolio Preparation
These non-credit courses are offered to rising high school sophomores, juniors and seniors. Students may register for one or multiple courses. Parental consent is required in order for students to attend these classes.
Each class costs $900, plus art supplies estimated at approximately $200 per class.
The application deadline for each program is 10 days before the start of each class. Decisions regarding undersubscribed classes will be made at this time.
- High school students must submit their registration form online.
- The Registrar’s Office will process your registration based upon your request.
- You will receive an email with instructions on activating your Drew network account. Doing so will give you access to your student portal online called TreeHouse. Access to TreeHouse is required in order to submit health forms, view your statement, and pay your bill online.
Orientation materials will be sent to each registered student by the SummerTerm Office.
Cancellation, Withdrawal and Refund Policy
Drew reserves the right to cancel courses at any time. A full refund will be issued if a course is cancelled by Drew University.
Should a student have to withdraw from a course, they must submit a request in writing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Withdrawal requests should be made before the timeline indicated below:
- A full refund, minus a $50 processing fee, will be issued if the student withdraws two weeks prior to the scheduled start of classes.
- A 50 percent refund, minus a $50 processing fee, will be issued prior to the start of the second class meeting.
- No refunds will be issued after the start of the second class meeting, and no exceptions will be made.
Contact the SummerTerm Office at 973-408-3310 or email@example.com.
Apply for Early College Summer Program