The following is a list of important dates for the current academic year for the Graduate Division of Religion. Please review and mark these dates on your calendar. For further information or concerns, please contact Wendy Parrinello, Administrative Assistant, Graduate Division of Religion at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 973-408-3410.
- Matriculation: September 7, 2016 | February 1, 2017
- Reading Week: October 17 – 21 2016
- Spring Break: March 5 – 10, 2017
- Holy Week: April 10 – 14, 2017
- September 12, 1:10 – 3:10 pm: The Pleasures and Challenges of Undergraduate and Secondary School Teaching
- September 26, 1:10 – 3:10 pm: Teaching Religious Texts in a Humanities Curriculum
- October 3, 1:10 – 3:10 pm: Teaching World Religions
- October 24, 1:10 – 3:10 pm: Teaching Bible
- November 7, 1:10 – 3:10 pm: Teaching Philosophy and Ethics
- November 28, 1:10 – 3:10 pm: Teaching Gender and Women’s Studies
- October 10 – 13, October 17 – November 3, 2016
- January 2 – 19, 2017
- March 6 – 16, 2017
- August 7 – 10, August 14 – 17, 2017
- August 31, 11:00 am – 12:30 pm: Workshop I: Leading Discussions Effectively
- September 12, 11:00 am – 12:30 pm: Workshop II: Leading Discussions of Difficult Topics
- September 19, 11:00 am – 12:30 pm: Workshop III: The Intercultural and Diverse Classroom
- September 26, 10:20 am – 11:500 pm: Workshop IV: Grading and Assessment
For academic year 2016-2017, review and final approval of dissertation prospectuses will be the sole responsibility of dissertation committees. The student and the dissertation committee will continue to use the Dissertation Prospectus Form (which is available on the GDR website). The completed form, together with a copy of the approved prospectus, should be submitted to email@example.com.
Language Examination Information
Language examinations and their grading (for GDR students) will be coordinated by the GDR Administrative Office. You may schedule an exam by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Fall 2016 through Spring 2017 examination dates are as follows:
- Thursday, October 20, 2016 (note: last date to schedule exam is September 30, last day to cancel without a fee is October 7, 2016.)
- Thursday, January 19, 2017 (note: last date to schedule exam is December 30 2016, last day to cancel without a fee is January 6, 2017.)
- Thursday, March 16, 2017 (note: last date to schedule exam is February 24, last day to cancel without a fee is March 2, 2017.)
- Thursday, August 17, 2017 (note: last date to schedule exam is July 28, last day to cancel without a fee is August 4, 2017.)
If you take a course at the Princeton University Graduate School Summer Language Program or the CUNY Graduate Center Language Reading Program and pass with a grade of B or higher, you do not need to take an additional test at Drew for the language in question; certification of successful completion of the course should be sent by the school directly to the GDR Office – email@example.com.
Visit the Language Resources page for a brief overview of language exams. For more detailed information about language requirements, examination procedures, and completion of language exams, please refer to the GDR Regulations Section XIV, or the GDR Student Handbook topics on language exams: I. Basics; X. Language Requirements.