The RISE Talks Series offers seminars on a wide range of scientific and related topics. Speakers are encouraged to make their talks understandable to non-experts. All members of the Drew community plus local friends of the university are welcome to attend. Unless otherwise noted, RISE Talks usually take place at noon on Wednesdays throughout the semester, in the RISE Reading Room, Hall of Sciences, Room 326.
Please see below for all upcoming and past RISE Talks.
Wednesday, April 11, 2018, room HS-308:
Dr. Rebecca Mercuri, who specializes in CyberSecurity in our Math and Computer Science Department at Drew, will present “Uses and Misuses of Software Defined Radio Past, Present and Future“
Thursday, April 19th, 2018, at 4:30 pm in HS-244:
The RISE Department proudly welcomes back Randa Barsoom, RISE Alum and Neuroscience Major Class of 2014, with her experiences as a medical student at Jefferson University: “Medical School- Surviving and Thriving“.
- Dr. Melania Nynka, Research Fellow at McGill University, Montreal, with “The Electromagnetic Counterparts of Gravitational Wave Events: Using X-ray Astronomy to Study the Neutron Star Merger GW170817″
- Dr. Eric Parker, who has over 27 years in drug discovery, with “Getting to First BACE- The Development of BACE Inhibitors for the Treatment of Alzheimer’s Disease“
- Maria Luisa Garcia, of Kanalis Consulting, LLC, and one of our ResMed lecturers, “Targeting the Inward-Rectifier Potassium Channel ROMK in Cardiovascular Disease”
- Fred Roberts, Ph.D., CCICADA, “Combined Cyber and Physical Attacks on the Maritime Transportation System”
- Drew and RISE alumnus, Louis Lombardo, Ph.D., Oncology Chemistry at Bristol-Myers Squibb, “Case Study on the Discovery and Clinical Development of SPRYCEL®”
- Linda Ness, Ph.D., DIMACS-Rutgers University, “Automated Detection of Patterns in Data at Multiple Scales”