The residence hall is home to upperclassman. The co-ed building offers many single rooms with community bathrooms on each floor. Each floor has it’s own kitchen consisting of refrigerator, stove, microwave, and kitchen sink. The main lounge is on the first floor.
The laundry room is on the first floor of the building.
|Description||Capacity||Room Type||Room Size||Window Size|
Asbury Halls long history predates Drew University. It was built in 1834. The building originally housed the stables of William Gibbons’ “famed thoroughbred horses.” In 1867, after Daniel Drew donated $75,000 for renovations, Asbury Hall became home to seminary students. It housed the seminary librarian from 1901 until his replacement by a faculty member in 1913 and was completely rebuilt in the 1920s.
In 1931, when Drew College opened, Asbury became home to the school’s (all-male) undergraduates. In the fall of 1953, Asbury Hall began housing women students. It now serves as co-ed hall.
History from John T. Cunningham, “From Gibbons to Great Expectations,” Drew Magazine (Spring 1998), 39.