The Office of Residence Life and Community standards strives to enhance our residents living experience. We recognize moving to college is a transition for both the student and their family. Please encourage your student to check their Drew emails and to read the Drew Today email daily to stay up-to-date on all upcoming events, club meetings, and university announcements. As a family member of one of our residents you may stay connected through the parents section of the Drew website. Click here. Or contact University Advancement click here.
As Residence Life Staff…
- We make ourselves available to students, during our office hours and beyond.
- We provide opportunities for students to bond and have fun.
- We welcome students coming to us with a problem.
- We connect students with resources on campus that they may need.
- We intervene if we become aware of a potentially life-threatening behavior.
- We connect students of different backgrounds to create a united Drew community.
- We encourage students to excel in their academics, athletics and extra-curricular involvement.
- We respect students’ privacy yet don’t always promise confidentiality-after all, we may need to get others involved to sure the students’ well-being.
- We are concerned with students’ safety, security, and educate them on ways to keep themselves safe.
- We are here to support students!
Access to student information
Another family transition to be aware of is that student records can not be shared with parents unless the student provides written permission. The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is a federal law designed to protect the privacy of a student’s education records. It applies to schools receiving funds through a U.S. Department of Education program.
The law does allow an institution to disclose records without consent in some special cases. These include health and safety emergencies.
Please contact the Dean of Students for more information and please take time and visit the FERPA website at: U.S. Department of Education – FERPA
To have your student sign a FERPA Release, please contact the Campus Life and Student Affairs Office at 973-408-3390.