Residents in any hall are expected to abide by the federal, state, and local laws, as well as university policies regarding alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs. The Wellness/Substance Free Floor option offers an additional measure of support for individuals who choose not to drink, smoke, or use other drugs (also implying illegal prescription drug use). Residents and their guests agree to keep rooms, common areas, and public spaces free from substances including, but may not be limited to alcohol, tobacco products, and other drugs.
Students who live on these floors must sign an agreement stating that they will not drink alcohol, smoke, or use illegal or illicit substances on the floor. For more information, contact the Office of Residence Life, Housing, and Community Standards at firstname.lastname@example.org or 973-408-3394.
Residents living in this area agree to:
- Abide by all university policies regarding student conduct, alcohol, tobacco, and other substances;
- Abstain from the possession and use of alcohol, tobacco, and other illegal substances and associated paraphernalia in the substance free area (including student rooms, hallways, stairwells, bathrooms, common areas, and outdoor areas adjacent to the residence hall) regardless of age;
- Support and respect fellow Substance Free residents;
- Assure guests comply with the rules of the Substance Free area;
- Being removed and/or Community Service should a resident or guest of a resident violate the Substance Free Floors’ policies; AND
- Sign a Substance Free Agreement.
Floors are located:
Welch 3 (first-year residents)
Baldwin 0 (upperclassmen residents)