Resident Assistants (RAs)
The roles of an RA are varied and numerous. They are a select group of the student leaders at Drew University dedicated to enriching the lives of their fellow Drew students. Their roles and tasks include but are not limited to:
- Communicating University goals, expectations and community standards to members of the community.
- Develop purposeful educational, community service, social and curricular programs.
- Promoting mutual respect and understanding in a diverse and open community.
- Mediating and resolving conflicts.
- Advising students about University resources.
- Acting as a liaison between students and other University offices.
House Assistants (HAs)
House Assistants help create a community in Drew’s five themed housing options. HA’s have similar roles to RA’s with the addition of promoting and communicating their house’s theme across campus.
The five theme houses are:
- Pangea: The International student focused house.
- Music Appreciation House: The house for musical knowledge and creativity.
- Spirituality House: A house for people interested in spirituality and religion.
- UMOJA House: A house for people interested in the spirit, history, and culture of Pan-Africanism.
- Women’s Concerns House: A theme house focused on helping Drew students turn their feminist passions into feminist action. The house works alongside the Women’s & Gender Studies Department to educate the community on what it means to advocate for intersectional feminism.
You can find out more about these houses here: Theme Houses.
Desk Attendants (DAs)
Desk attendants watch the building during night time hours to make sure only those with appropriate access can enter the halls. Their tasks include:
- Checking ID’s of all students walking through main entrances of select buildings.
- Checking-in guests of residents.
- Contacting Resident Assistants regarding any issues in the hall.
- Keeping building safe and secure for residents.
If you are interested in applying to be a Desk Attendant, please contact the Residence Life at ResLife@drew.edu or call: 973-408-3431.