To support and advance the educational mission of the University by facilitating access to scholarly collections and information resources
- To select, acquire, organize, and maintain scholarly materials and information resources.
- To provide intellectual and physical access to Library resources and expert assistance in their use.
- To teach students, faculty and staff to retrieve information effectively and to evaluate it critically
- To optimize access to information resources through the effective and critical use of current technology.
- To communicate with all University constituencies to determine needs and to raise awareness of the expanding range of Library resources available to support scholarship.
- To support a functional and welcoming physical space for collections, study areas and services for users and staff.
- To attract and retain a knowledgeable and responsible staff, to enhance their professional skills, and to support their development and contributions within professional organizations.
- To maintain, and facilitate the scholarly use of the Library’s special collections, particularly the Methodist collections.
- To maintain and provide appropriate access to the archives of the University.
- To develop a structure and mode of operation that plans for change, anticipates future trends, and enables a flexible response to emerging technologies and scholarship.
- To be responsible stewards of the University’s financial, physical and human resources.
- To contribute to the University through participation in University committees, organizations and activities.
- To participate in the larger library community through consortia, networks and organizations, in order to enhance University access to a wide range of resources.