Summer and Non-Matriculation Programs at Drew University

There are a variety of programs available at Drew for international students interested in a short-term study experience. Students who are studying or living outside of the United States will need to apply for a student visa at a U.S. Consulate for their studies at Drew. Enrollment in a program must be full-time to be eligible for the student visa. If you are currently on an F-1 or J-1 visa in the United States, you do not need to transfer your SEVIS record if you plan to enroll for summer session only.

For more information on Drew’s Summer and Non-Matriculation Programs, please visit Continuing Education. Once you have been admitted to a program at Drew, International Student & Scholar Services will work with you to prepare the documents required for a student visa.

The category of visa, F-1 or J-1, will depend  upon the type of program and length of study.  Students must be registered full-time for Summer I and/or Summer II (Undergraduate 8 credits, Graduate 6 credits) to be eligible for a student visa.  The I-20 Application Form along with the financial certification and affidavit of support must be completed before the immigration document for the F-1 visa can be issued.   Students who plan to enroll for the summer or one semester should provide evidence of financial support for the period of study (one year is not required for the financial certification).

More information on the F-1 student visa can be found at Study in the States and the Drew ISSS website.

For exchange students, the DS-2019 Application Form  must be completed along with the financial certification and affidavit of support before the immigration document for the J-1 visa can be issued. For more information on the J-1 Exchange Visitor Program, you can visit the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs.

We hope that you find a program of interest so that we can welcome you to our international community of students from over 40 countries. If you have questions related to the student visa process or you would like the opportunity to contact an international student at Drew, please contact Laura Arthur, Director of International Student & Scholar Services at