Walking is a highly underrated, readily available physical activity. Walking is “Near perfect exercise“.
Here at Drew, students, staff and faculty have a great excuse to walk — getting to class, to meals, to social centers, to town, to fields. Every step counts.
Walking is beneficial to you physically:
- decreases body fat and increases metabolic rate
- promotes cardiovascular protection
- improves muscle strength
- increases respiratory volume
Consider the effect of walking on your mental health:
- helps manage depression
- helps manage anxiety
- allows time for socializing while exercising
- improves alertness, concentration and attention
- increases personal productivity
Distance adds up when you walk on and around the Drew campus. This is an interactive project. You can keep track of how far you walk on a daily basis.
Click on the route map guides below to help visualize the ground you can cover here at Drew.