Instructions for Submitting Your Health Forms
Dear Incoming Drew University Student:
Welcome to Drew University Health Services (“DUHS“)! We hope that your time here will be healthy, happy and always intellectually stimulating. We encourage you to come see us if you have any health care needs or concerns.
Students are now able to complete many of the required health documents before arriving on campus. I urge you to allow yourself sufficient time to access your immunization record from your healthcare provider and for undergraduates to make arrangements to also have a physical examination. If you have not already made an appointment with your healthcare provider do so as soon as possible.
Documents must be received by the due date indicated below. As a registered student you have confidential and secure online access to forms on your electronic health record through myhealth a secure student health portal. Although most information well be completed online in myhealth there are some documents that need to be printed, completed, and mailed back to DUHS. Both paper and online portal forms must be received by the due dates listed below. Students will not be permitted to continue registration or reside in Drew housing until immunization and information requirements are met. Any documents that are mailed must be in English.
Your cooperation is greatly appreciated. For more information about Health Services available to Drew students please visit our website at www.drew.edu/health.
Joyce L. Maglione PhD, APN,C
Director, Drew University Health Services
|HEALTH FORM DUE DATES|
|EOS/Summer Session 1||June 15|
|Fall Semester/Summer Session 2||July 15|
|Spring Semester||January 15|
|MFA||June 15 / December 15|
|A $10 late charge will be applied to forms (paper or online) received after the due date, or forms submitted incorrectly or incomplete
All (paper and online portal) forms are due on the due date.
Students admitted 2 weeks (14 calendar days) or less before the appropriate due date,
or admitted after the due date have 30 calendar days from date of enrollment to submit forms on time. * Students admitted late should notify Health Services to avoid a late charge.
Students submitting incomplete or incorrect forms are treated the same as Late Forms and will have a Late Charge assessed.
Please follow printing instructions and complete with your health care provider.
Print out paper copies of
Physical Examination Form Required for all CLA and INTO students, optional for CUE, Graduate and Theology and Summer Only Students).
Online forms to be submitted through myhealth include:
(These will not be accepted in paper form)
- Authorization for Treatment (if over 18 on arrival day)
- Privacy Practices Acknowledgement (all students)
- Admission Health History (all students)
- Immunization Record(all students)
- Tuberculosis Low Risk Questionnaire (all students)
Additional Forms if needed:
- Parent/Guardian Authorization for Treatment Under 18
- TB High Risk Assessment Questionnaire (This form is only available if you need it when you complete the online TB Low Risk Assessment Questionnaire. It will open automatically from the low risk questionnaire on your myhealth portal if needed. You must now print this online form (follow the instructions given on the form itself))
- Medical Exemption (all students must submit the paper Immunization Record, if claiming exemption, please write “Exempt” in the immunizations). This must be completed and signed by an M.D.
- Religious Exemption (all students must submit the paper Immunization Record, if claiming exemption, please write “Exempt” in the immunizations).
- Immunotherapy Treatment Plan (Allergy Shots). This must be completed and signed by an M.D.
- Prescription of Restricted Medications During the School Year (e.g., Adderall, Ritalin, Concerta and other restricted medications). This must be completed and signed by an M.D.
- Medication Storage Waiver
Guidelines are established based on New Jersey law, Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines, Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) guidelines, American College Health Association (ACHA) guidelines, and the University policies.
- Measles vaccination: proof of two doses after age one and thirty days apart, or laboratory proof of immunity if born after 1956
- Mumps vaccination: proof of one dose or laboratory immunity if born after 1956.
- Rubella vaccination: proof of one dose or laboratory proof of immunity if born after 1956.
- Hepatitis B vaccine: proof of three doses if enrolled in 12 or more credits.
- Meningococcal Meningitis vaccine: within the last five years if living in campus housing.
Immunization Recommendations (Not Required)
- Varicella (Chicken pox)
- Human Papillomavirus
- Hepatits A
- Pneumococcal (Pneumonia/for high risk groups)
- Tetanus vaccine within the last 10 years
Mail your required paper forms together in one envelope to the following address. If you desire your documents returned please enclose a stamped self-addressed envelope.
Mail (or hand deliver if you are already in Madison) your completed Immunization Form (with the signature of your healthcare provider), your Physical Examination (with the signature of your healthcare provider) and any other documents to
Health Services, Drew University, 36 Madison Ave., Madison, NJ 07940
All Forms required on paper should be placed in single envelope. If you would like these documents returned, please also provide a SELF-ADDRESSED, STAMPED ENVELOPE, otherwise all paper forms will be shredded after Health Services review and confirmation.
A $10 late charge will be applied to forms received after your school’s due date, and/or forms submitted incorrectly or incomplete
We must receive these forms prior to your arrival on campus to assure that your registration goes smoothly.