The following is a list of important dates for the current academic year for the Graduate Division of Religion. Please review and mark these dates on your calendar. For further information or concerns, please contact Wendy Parrinello, Administrative Assistant, Graduate Division of Religion at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 973-408-3410.
- Matriculation: September 3, 2013 | January 27, 2014
- Reading Week: October 14–18, 2013
- Spring Break: March 7–14, 2014
- Holy Week: April 14–18, 2014
There will be no GDR Colloquia in Fall 2013. The future of the Colloquium is under review.
Contact Wendy Parrinello, regarding scheduling of comprehensive exams (email@example.com).
- October 14 – 17, October 21 – November 7, 2013
- January 6 – 23, 2014
- March 3 – 20, 2014
- August 4 – 14, August 18 – 21, 2014
- Monday, January 27, 9:30am – 2:00pm: Orientation
- Monday, February 3, 9:30 – 11:30am: Workshop I
- Monday, February 10, 9:30 – 11:30am: Workshop II
- Monday, March 3, 9:30-11:30am: Workshop III
Academic Standing Committee
Petitions are due to the GDR Administrative Office (Seminary Hall, Room 102) by 5:00 PM on the Friday before each date below, in order to be reviewed by the committee during each monthly meting. Please note that your petitions can only be submitted to the Academic Standing Committee following approval by advisor and area convener.
- September 6, 2013
- October 11, 2013
- November 1, 2013
- December 6, 2013
- February 7, 2014
- March 7, 2014
- April 4, 2014
- May 2, 2014
Academic Standing Committee
- September 25, 2013
- October 23, 2013
- November 20, 2013
- February 19, 2014
- March 26, 2014
- April 30, 2014
Prospectus (New Process)
For academic year 2013-2014, review and final approval of dissertation prospectuses will be the sole responsibility of dissertation committees. The student and the dissertation committee will continue to use the Dissertation Prospectus Form (which is available on the GDR website). The completed form, together with a copy of the approved prospectus, should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
February 5, 2014: Preparing for Comprehensive Exams (Stephen Moore, Karen Bray, and Leah Thomas)
February 19, 2014: Writing the Dissertation Prospectus (Stephen Moore and Ernest Rubenstein)
March 19, 2014: Your First Publications (Catherine Keller and Stephen Moore)
Language Examination Information
Language examinations and their grading (for GDR students) will be coordinated by the GDR Administrative Office. You may schedule an exam by contacting email@example.com
The Fall 2013 through Spring 2014 examination dates are as follows:
- Friday, October 18, 2013 (note: last date to schedule exam is September 27, last day to cancel without a fee is October 4, 2013.)
- Friday, January 24, 2014 (note: last date to schedule exam is December 27, last day to cancel without a fee is January 10, 2014.)
- Friday, March 21, 2014 (note: last date to schedule exam is February 21, last day to cancel without a fee is March 7, 2014.)
- Friday, August 15, 2014 (note: last date to schedule exam is July 18, last day to cancel without a fee is August 1, 2014.)
If you take a course at the Princeton University Graduate School Summer Language Program or the CUNY Graduate Center Language Reading Program and pass with a grade of B or higher, you do not need to take an additional test at Drew for the language in question; certification of successful completion of the course should be sent by the school directly to the GDR Office.
Visit the Language Resources page for a brief overview of language exams. For more detailed information about language requirements, examination procedures, and completion of language exams, please refer to the GDR Regulations Section XIV, or the GDR Student Handbook topics on language exams: I. Basics; X. Language Requirements.