Refunds are issued upon request on a weekly basis one week after add/drop closes and there is a settled credit account balance to be refunded.  Below is more detailed information regarding our refunding process, however, please feel free to contact us if you have additional questions.

How do I request my refund?
Students should send an email from their account to  They should provide their Name and ID# with their request.

Where does my refund get sent?
Students who have an assigned Campus Mail Box during the Fall and Spring terms will have their refund sent to their CMB.  If you do not have a Campus Mail Box assigned to you (please check with the Mail Center to confirm or request), your check will be sent to the mailing address we have on file (please make sure to update this information on your TreeHouse).  If you need to have your refund check mailed to you and you are not on campus or at your permanent address (for example, you are on a study abroad), please provide an address and we will accommodate this as best we can.

Can I just pick up my check instead of having it mailed?
Checks are cut in the Accounts Payable Office. This is not an office that is set up for customer contact, and all payments are mailed.  We know that there are sometimes extenuating circumstances and if this is the case for you, please present your request for pick up to your respective School Dean who will inform the Student Accounts Office if they agree that you have a valid reason to pick up your check.  Pick ups are made at the Accounts Payable Office on the second floor of Madison House on Fridays.

Can my refund be paid to someone else?
Refunds are automatically issued in the student’s name.  Students can however request that their refund be paid to a third party, such as a parent, and can include that in their emailed request (restrictions apply).  When requesting this the student should provide the Name and Address of the person they would like their refund to be sent to.

What does “settled credit account balance” mean?
Settled credit account balance means that there are no more PENDING financial aid items or future credits expected that are creating the credit on the account balance.  No refunds are processed for a credit account balance that is created by pending financial aid (not yet received) or credits created by future payments on an active payment plan (potential credit).

Why do I have to wait until a week after add/drop closes?
During the add/drop period, students can make changes in their schedule which can also impact your eligibility for the financial aid awards you’ve been given (Scholarship, Grants, Loans).  Once add/drop closes Financial Aid will conduct a reconciliation of awards done during the week following add/drop.  This is when they will make any required changes to your aid awards based on your finalized enrollment.  Financial Aid may have to make changes even after the reconciliation as it depends on outside award sources (Federal/State verification processes), but add/drop closure is the first point at which we can make a reasonable determination of your account credit.

What if I cannot wait until add/drop closes to receive my refund?
Students who need consideration for an early disbursement of their credit balance to pay for expenses outside of their Drew Student Account can submit their request by sending an email to  Please provide detailed information about those expenses and when they need to be paid.  Each request will be reviewed and every effort will be made to accommodate your request.