Hold FAQs

  • I have a hold on my account. What does it mean?

Code Description Reason Blocks Registration Blocks Transctipts
BO Student Accts Hold Contact Student Accounts Office directly if you see this hold on your account. YES YES
FC Check In Hold (Stdt Accts) A balance is currently due and needs to be addressed in order check in. NO NO
FI Registration Hold (Stdt Accts) A balance is currently due and needs to be paid in order to register or have access to your transcripts. YES YES
FT Trans/Diploma Hold (Stdt Acct) A balance is currently due and needs to be paid in order to have access to your transcripts. NO YES
PL Perkins Loan Hold This hold is related to your Perkins Loan. Contact Student Accounts Office directly if you see this hold on your account. YES YES

1098T FAQs

  • What is the 1098-T Tuition Payment Statement?

    • Tuition Payments Statement (also known as the 1098-T) is the information return that colleges and universities are required to issue for the purpose of determining a student’s eligibility for the Hope and Lifetime Learning education tax credits.  The information provided on the 1098-T is determined by IRS policies, and the information provided on the 1098-T is provided directly to the IRS.

  • When and where will the Form 1098- be provided?

  • Why didn’t I receive my 1098-T?

    • If you were expecting to receive your 1098-T via the postal service, Drew University only provides them online via TreeHouse.  For more information on electronic retrieval of the 1098-T, please visit this page.

    • Additionally, if you fall under and of the following categories you will not be receiving a 1098-T tax statement: Auditors, Exchange, Non-Resident Aliens, and if your scholarships and grants are greater than or equal to the charges billed for qualified tuition and related expenses. Tuition remission and Tuition exchange are reported in the scholarships and grants category.

Billing & Payment FAQs

  • When can I expect my bill?

    • Fall billing is run the first week in July and spring billing is run the first week in December.

  • When is the bill due?

    • Fall bills are due to be paid in full by August 5th and spring bills are due to be paid in full by January 5th.  Unpaid balances are subject to a late payment fee of $150.  All financial aid must be finalized and posted to your Financial Aid Award in order to avoid the late payment fee of $150.

  • How will I receive my bill?

    • Statements are produced and delivered electronically. You will receive an email, with your statement attached, and information about how to respond to your  account balance.  You should always open your statement to ensure that your account balance is what you expect, and contact us if it is not and you don’t understand why.  You can also access your account at any time online via Treehouse.

  • How can I authorize my parent/guardian access to view my account?

    • To authorize a parent or guardian to access information regarding your account and to inquire about your account with Student Accounts Staff, please log in to Treehouse and click on the Students tab. There you will see a box titled Help & Services. The very last link is for Parent/Guardian Proxy Access. This link will guide you to grant proxy access for one or more individuals.

  • Do you have any payment plans?

    • We have a payment plan available through Tuition Management Systems. Additional information and instructions on how to set up a payment plan are available on our Payment Options Page.

  • What is your mailing address?

    • Our mailing address is:
      Drew University
      Attn: Student Account
      36 Madison Ave
      Madison, NJ  07940

    • Please ensure that your Drew ID number is noted with any correspondence or payments.

  • Where can I mail my payment?

    • If you need to mail your payment, please use our mailing address above.  Please ensure that your Drew ID number is noted with your payment.

  • What payment methods do you accept?

    • Payment can be made by cash, check, money order, bank check, or by electronic payment through our payment gateway.  Please visit our Payment Options page for more detailed information about these payment methods and how to complete them.

    • Please NEVER mail a cash payment as there is no way to recover a lost payment made with cash.  Cash payments should always be delivered in person to the Student Accounts Office.
  • Why is there a fee for Continuous Registration?

    • Students in a graduate level programs (Theological or Caspersen Schools) have semesters in their program where they do not need to register for required coursework or project work. In order to continue their matriculation in their program they are required to register for Continuous Registration for the purpose of allowing them to spend more time on their examination/thesis/dissertaion work and having access to academic support and resources.

  • Can I pay online?

    • Yes, online payments can be made uing a Credit Card, or Checking/Savings account.  Payments made using the Credit/Debit Card option will require an additional 2.99% service fee charged by Tuition Management Systems (TMS). Payments made using the Checking/Savings account option will NOT be accessed an additional fee.

  • How do I see my current balance owed?

    • Log into your TreeHouse and clink on the Student Account Center link in the “My Account” box.  This link will take you to your Student Account Center were you can retrieve information about your account balance, details about your charges and credits, retrieving account statements, and making payments or setting up payment plans.


Meal Plan FAQs

  • How can I change my meal plan?

    • Meal plans can be switched starting when your first bill becomes available each term. To change your meal plan please log in to Treehouse and click on the Students tab. In the box titled Dining Plans and Drew Card there is a link titled Switching Meal Plans. This link gives you instructions on how to change your meal plan. Students are able to change their meal plan until the end of the second week of classes each semester.

  • Do I have to have a meal plan?

    • All resident students in undergraduate housing assignments are required to have a meal plan.  All other students are not required to have a meal plan but may select a meal plan from the Commuter/Grad/Theo meal plans if they choose to do so.

  • When is the deadline to change my meal plan?

    • Students have until the end of the second week of each semester to change their meal plan.

  • I’ve run out of points. How do I add more points?

    • To add more points to your meal plan with cash or check please feel free to visit the Student Accounts Office between the hours of 9am – 4pm. To add more points to your meal plan online log in to Treehouse and click on the Students tab. In the box titled Dining Plans and DrewCard there is a link to View DrewCard balances and Add Funds. Follow that link to make a payment online.

  • I would like to apply for a medical exemption for the meal plan. How do I do this?

Refund Check FAQs

  • How do I request a refund of my credit balance?

    • Starting one week after the end of the add/drop period and once all of your loans, scholarships and other financial aid items have posted to your account please email the Student Accounts Office at studentaccounts@drew.edu. Please include your name, Drew ID number and remember to select how you’d like to receive your refund in your Student Account Center (options include a Prepaid Card and Direct Deposit).

  • When can I expect a refund if I dropped my course(s) on or before the deadline?

    • Refund checks are not produced automatically. Please submit an emailed request if you wish to receive a refund.

Institutional Refund FAQs

  • What refund can I expect if I withdraw or take a leave?

    • The Institutional Refund Policy will be administered in the event a student Withdraws or files a Leave Of Absence from a given term.  For details on this process, click the link above.  Review it carefully and contact us directly with any questions.