Employees traveling on University business must fill out a Travel and Entertainment Voucher within 30 days of completion of the event if they desire reimbursement. If the request is not submitted in a “timely” manner, then the reimbursement could be considered “taxable income” by the IRS. (This is a Federal Government policy – not one set by the University.) This time frame also enables the employee to satisfy a credit card charge without amassing interest fees since reimbursement requests therefore should be submitted and processed within a normal billing cycle. The University cannot pay a credit card bill directly to the issuing credit company for any employee. Please see the Travel and Entertainment Policy on the Drew Intranet for further policies and procedures governing Drew travel and reimbursement. The travel and expense form should be used ONLY for travel and travel related expenses, not for supplies or office materials. Currently, Drew’s 2016 mileage reimbursement rate is $0.54 per mile; however, EFFECTIVE January 1, 2017, the new mileage reimbursement rate will be $0.535 per mile. In order to claim mileage, according to IRS regulations you must own the car driven and be in possession of the title.