Parking & Directions to Campus
We look forward to welcoming you to campus but know that on Commencement day, traffic on N.J. Route 124 through Madison, Morristown and Chatham will be heavy. Please note that traffic and parking will be directed by public safety officers. Much of the parking is on grass, so the ground may be soft and wet footing for spectators. Please have your families plan accordingly. Also, golf carts will be circulating on campus to provide rides from the main parking areas.
Please note that no buses will be permitted to enter campus on commencement day.
For directions to campus, as well as a campus map, click here.
Handicap Parking & Special Needs Seating Area
There is parking reserved for those needing handicap accessibility. Please inform a Drew public safety officer of your need for handicap parking as you enter campus, and you will be directed accordingly. Individuals requiring special needs seating should call the Conference and Events office at 973-408-3103 prior to commencement for the individual needing special assistance and who may be accompanied by one family member. Ushers will be on hand to help those needing assistance and access to the special needs seating area.
This year’s commencement ceremony will be held on Saturday, May 16, 2015. The seating area opens at 9 a.m. The ceremony begins at 10:30 a.m. and is expected to conclude at approximately 1 p.m. The location—either the open-air rear lawn of Mead Hall or the indoor Simon Forum and Athletic Center—will be announced at this website on Friday, May 15, per the weather forecast. Please note that every effort will be made to hold the ceremony outdoors. All guests are encouraged to monitor the forecast and to come prepared for all weather possibilities.
Tickets are not required for either the outdoor or indoor ceremony but seating will be on a first-come first-served basis. Overflow seating and live streaming will be available in the Ehinger Center, LC 28 & 30, and Seminary Hall room 101. Please see the campus map for directions to these locations.
Complimentary coffee and water will be available before and during the ceremony. Breakfast items will be available for purchase at the Ehinger Center. The location of both the EC and the beverage tents is listed in the commencement program. At the conclusion of the commencement ceremony light refreshment will be in the following locations:
- Seminary Hall – Theological School
- 1867 Lounge, Ehinger Center – Graduate School
- Snack Bar, Ehinger Center – College of Liberal Arts Art, Civic Scholars, Languages, Music, Sociology, Theatre Arts Departments
- The Commons – College of Liberal Arts Classics, English, History, Pan-African Studies, Philosophy, Religion, Women’s Studies Departments
- Baldwin Gym – College of Liberal Arts Anthropology, Biology, Anthropology, Biology, Business Studies, Chemistry, Computer Science, Continuing Education, Economics, Educational Opportunities Scholars, Environmental Science, Mathematics, Neuroscience, Psychology, Physics, Political Science, Special Majors Departments
Restrooms are available in the following buildings: Seminary hall, Pepin, Ehinger Center, Rose Library, Dorothy Young Center. Specific locations can be found in your commencement program.