To connect education and action for the common good.
Community based learning at Drew:
Classes, internships and the Leadership in Social Action Minor provide real world experience and benefit our shared community.
Civic Engagement at Drew:
Community Action Week offers 20 different ways for students, faculty & staff to get engaged & make a difference in our local community.
The Center for Civic Engagement serves Drew University and our communities as a resource, convener, and partner for those committed to the work of melding knowledge with action in order to improve our shared world. The Center supports teaching, research, scholarship, art, and other university-based activities that benefit communities. Working collaboratively with community organizations and other institutions, we develop sustainable partnerships that can help both Drew and its partners meet their goals.
- Drew students worked alongside Orange High School students and filmmaking Professionals to produce short films for FilmBoot24.
- 10 Things You Learn As A Drew University Civic Scholar
- Drew University held a two day celebration of Martin Luther King Jr.’s life of service. The event was recently featured in the Drew Acorn.
- Four of the Six Coolest Internships at Drew are Civic Scholars
- Professor Patrick McGuinn and students from the Community Based Learning course Social Policy and Inequality conducted research that led to a grant to the Interfaith Food Pantry for the Healthy Choice Mobile Pantry Program.
- Save the date for the Civic Engagement Awards on Tuesday April 18 from 4-5:30 in Crawford Hall.
- Community Action Week is April 16-23!
- Save the date for the Community Service and Non-Profit Fair on Friday March 17. Find job, internship and volunteer opportunities with 35 local and national employers.
- On March 21st from 7:30-9:30 The Network for Responsible Public Policy will host a lecture on the topic of Climate Change and the Economy: Sorting Fact from Fiction in LC28 of the Rose Memorial Library.
- Find out more about our upcoming and past events