The Academic Services Office of the College of Liberal Arts provides the following important services:
- Provide academic advising information to Drew faculty as they serve in their roles as academic advisers;
- Serve as a resource for students on matters of academic policy, the advising process, petitioning the Academic Standing Committee, and other questions and concerns;
- Coordinate tutorial services, free of charge, for undergraduate students;
- Assist students with academic difficulties*;
- Advise students returning from required leaves on appropriate courses of action;
- Through the Office of Disability Services, provide reasonable basic accommodations for students with learning differences and physical challenges;
- Work with program directors from Continuing Education, International Student Services, Educational Opportunity Scholars and Athletics as part of a larger student support network.
- Provide a seminar series each semester for all students to develop success student habits. S4: Student Success Seminar Series date and descriptions
In addition, the Office of Academic Services Office may:
- Identify and set mandatory requirements to address the needs of academically at risk students such as those students on academic probation, as necessary, in the discretion of the Office, to assist the student in better meeting academic requirements.
*If you are in crisis, please contact Drew Counseling Services by phone, 973-408-3398 (Monday-Friday, 9am – 5pm) or Public Safety, 973-408-4444 (emergency number, available 24/7).
Other crisis numbers include 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or Morristown Medical Center Crisis Intervention (973-540-0100).