Please review the following policies and procedures of the CAE as outlined below.
1) When working with a peer subject tutor, please remember the following:
- Tutors do NOT help with take-home tests (paper or online) or quizzes (paper or online).
- Tutors will NOT give students their own work/notes to copy/turn in, or do homework for students.
- Peer tutoring can ONLY be used as supplemental assistance to understand content ALREADY covered in class.
- Tutors do NOT teach new materials a student missed from being absent in a class. For significant content-level assistance, students should talk to their professors.
- Students must come to their tutoring sessions prepared. Tutors have the right to end the session if a student has not come fully prepared with books, notes, assignments, and goals. Each student is limited to 3 hours per week per subject.
- After two “no shows,” (IE not coming to a scheduled session without prior cancellation notice) a student will lose scheduling rights and will need to meet with the Tutoring Coordinator for future sessions to be scheduled.
2) For the “By Appointment Only Tutoring” schedule: appointments must be made 24 hours in advance. Click here for instructions on making an appointment. You will receive an email at your DREW student email address to confirm your appointment.
- Canceling an Appointment: Appointment cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance. Please call the CAE at 973-408-3617 or email CAE@DREW.EDU to cancel your appointment.
- Late Arrivals: Appointments begin at the time they are scheduled for. That is, an appointment from 2:00-3:00 begins at 2:00. Students who are more than 15 minutes late for a one-hour appointment (10 minutes for a 30 minute appointment) may lose their appointment time and have to reschedule.
- No-shows: You are considered a no-show to your appointment if you are a late arrival or fail to cancel your appointment 24 hours in advance. If you are a “no show” for three appointments, you will lose your account privileges.
- Session Length: Students can schedule either 30-minute or one-hour appointments.
3) For the “Open Hours/Drop-In Tutoring Schedule” same day appointments can be made and services Walk-ins. No appointment is needed for Drop-Ins.
More information about the CAE can be found on the Student and Faculty CAE FAQs:
- Student Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) HERE
- Faculty Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) HERE