Spring Common Hour
Building on the fall experience, the Spring Common Hour continues to support the first-year transition to university life, providing opportunities for students to connect with our campus community and enhance their educational experience.
The structure differs somewhat from the fall course, allowing more opportunities for students to attend events of their choice.
The format includes:
- Six required Common Hour meetings on Wednesdays from 12:15 – 1:05 PM
- Required Advisement meeting for course registration
- Six choice events from the Common Hour Events Calendar
The Required Sessions for Common Hour:
- Wednesday, January 28: 12:15 – 1:05 PM; Peer Mentor Welcome, meet in your CSEM Classroom
- Wednesday, February 11: 12:15 – 1:05 PM; Lunch with CSEM Advisors, meet in your CSEM Classroom
- Wednesday, March 4: 12:15 – 1:05 PM; Major/Minor Open House, various locations around Brothers College
- Wednesday, March 25: 12:15 – 1:05 PM; Sample Classes, various locations around Brothers College
- Wednesday, April 1: 12:15 – 1:05 PM; Pre-Registration & CIRP Survey with Peer Mentors, meet in your CSEM classroom
- Week of April 6: Schedule a meeting with your advisor to discuss course registration
- Wednesday, April 29: 12:15 – 1:05 PM; End of Year Celebration with Mentors and CSEM Advisors, meet in your CSEM classroom
Common Hour Events Calendar
Attend a minimum of 6 events from the calendar:
From the following calendar of programs, students must attend a minimum of six programs throughout the Spring 2015 semester. Attendance will be taken by Peer Mentors at each of these events. Students are responsible to ensure their attendance is taken by a Peer Mentor at each event. Students who leave events early will not be given credit for the event.