- In a long-anticipated effort to reduce inbox clutter campuswide e-mail messages sent from departments, clubs, and individuals were replaced with a easy-to-read daily digest. The daily digest collects information from three sources: announcements provided directly from members of the community (instructions below), events from the EMS (Event Management System), and recent posts from the Drew Community Forums. And you will finally be able to add images and document attachments to announcements.
- Please note, any emails sent directly to the distribution lists (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, etc) will not be approved. As we look forward to implementing these improvements, we see part of that process as being responsive to feedback from the community. And so, comments about the digest may be directed to Communications, and comments about EMS to the Housing, Conferences and Hospitality office as appropriate.How to send a campuswide announcement:
- Go to drew.edu/home and under the announcements area click on ‘add announcement’(available on Wednesday) or click on the “add yours” link in the daily digest email you will receive each night.
- Put the announcement’s subject in the title area at the top of the screen, the message in the body area then select the groups you want to send the message to: students, staff, faculty…
- Once ready click on the ‘publish’ button at the top right of the screen.
- Your announcement will be sent out around midnight.
Please make sure you are familiar with these guidelines if you are planning to send a campus wide email.
In particular, please note that on campus events must take place in handicapped accessible locations in order to be advertised via campus wide email.
In Addition, Please note
- Your messages will not be checked for spelling, grammar or accuracy. Please proofread your messages and double check dates and times before sending.
- Space on drew.edu/home has been dedicated to display links to recent posts to the Drew Community Forums, so information posted there will be easily visible to the Drew Community.