Thursday, August 20, 2020 | New Student Orientation, Day One!
Events are subject to change, view our program schedule on the Corq app for the most current information!
Thursday, August 20, 2020
7 AM – 12 PM: Move-In for Residential First Year Students (Enter campus via Lancaster Road)
- View the full Move-In Day Arrival Schedule on our website!
- All cars for residential students should enter via the Lancaster Road campus entrance.
- Get your Drew ID card and your room key, then unpack in your new home!
8AM – 3PM: Bed, Bath & Beyond Tent Sale (In front of Brown Hall)
10:30 AM – 2:30 PM: Commuter Student Check-In & Lunch (Meet in the Ehinger Center)
- Commuter Student Parking – Commuter students and families should enter campus via the Glenwild Gate (back of campus), then park in the Commuter Student Parking lot, located behind Sitterly House, then walk over to the Ehinger Center.
- 10:30 – 11:30 AM: Commuter students should arrive at Crawford Hall, inside the Ehinger Center
- 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM: Commuter Student meeting with Orientation Leaders, new first-year commuter students, and parents.
- 12:30 – 1 PM: Q&A with Orientation Leaders for Commuter Students and Parents
- 1 PM: Lunch in The Commons (dining hall)
- 2 PM: Visit the Bookstore, meet with Student Service departments (Financial Aid, Student Accounts).
11:30 AM – 3 PM: Lunch for residential students, parents, and guests (The Commons)
- Madison Business & Drew Department Fair – During lunch, meet representatives from Drew, ConnectOne Bank, the Madison Pharmacy.
3 – 3:45 PM: Opening of School Ceremony & Class Pinning (Mead Hall Lawn)
- Join us as President Baenninger, Provost Liebowitz, the Faculty Teacher of the Year, Prof. Marie Pascale-Pieretti, Student Government President Vincent Costa, and other university officials formally welcome you to Drew University. At this event all members of the Class of 2024 will receive a class pin and sign our matriculation books, a long-standing campus tradition. Parents & families are invited to join us for this special ceremony!
3:45 – 4:30 PM: Student and Family Farewell
- After the Opening of School Ceremony, students, family members and guests have time to say, “see you later,” before the students begin orientation and families enjoy a reception.
4:30 – 6 PM: Parent, Family & Guest Reception (Ehinger Center)
- Parents, family members, and guests of the Class of 2024 are invited to join us in the Ehinger Center for a special reception with President Baenninger before you make your way back home. Registration encouraged: https://www.drew.edu/advancement/our-events/new-parent-reception/
4:30 – 5:15 PM: Sibling Round-Up (Simon Forum Floor)
- New students will meet their Orientation Leader and their sibling group members.
5:15 – 6 PM: Dinner in Sibling Groups (The Commons)
- Your Big Sib will walk you to The Commons for your first “family” meal in your OC group.
6:30 – 7:45 PM: Sibling Group Time (The Simon Forum Floor)
- Your OC will pick you up from either the Commuter Student Meeting or your RA Floor Meeting for some fun with your OC!
8 – 9:15 PM: Floor Meeting with Resident Assistants (on your floor)
- Resident Students will meet on their floors in their residence hall
- Commuter students: (optional) hang out in the Commuter Lounge of the Ehinger Center
9:30 PM:Late Night Snacks (Tolley/Brown Circle)
- Meet more classmates and grab some FREE grub from a top-rated NJ food truck, as we continue to celebrate your first day at Drew!
JOIN A CHOIR or TAKE VOICE LESSONS!
If you’d like to join one of the two choirs at Drew or sign up for private voice instruction, please visit drew.edu/music/choralvocal and sign up for a brief, painless audition for placement in either Chorale or Choral Union, or in the voice studio of one of our wonderful vocal professors. For more information, please contact Dr. Matthew Webb at email@example.com.