Events are subject to change, view our program schedule on the Corq app for the most current information!
Friday, August 24, 2018
8:30 – 9:45 AM: Breakfast (The Commons)
10 AM – 11 AM: Drew Seminar (DSEM) Class
- This is the first class of your Drew Seminar (DSEM). Check your name tag for your classroom location. Attendance will be taken – do not miss this!
11 AM -12 PM: Academic Advisor Meeting
- For most first year students, your DSEM instructor is your academic advisor. During this hour you will have shared group time to ask any questions you have before school starts on Monday.
12 PM – 1 PM: Lunch
1:15 – 2:45 PM: “You Don’t Know Me, ‘Til You Know Me”
Dr. Michael (Mykee) Fowlin (Baldwin Gym)
- Michael (Mykee) Fowlin hopes that all audience members will leave his performance with that wonderful, awakening feeling of beauty: the beauty within one’s self and the beauty within others; the celebration of our differences, and the acceptance of our shared experiences. Excerpt credit: michaelfowlin.com
3 – 5 PM: Placement Exams
These exams are only for students who did not attend or take placement exams during Summer Orientation in July 2018.
3 – 4 PM or 4 – 5 PM – Language, Math, Biology, and Chemistry Placement Exams
- Arabic, Chinese, French, Italian, German, Latin, Spanish, and Russian (Academic Commons inside the Library)
- Math Placement Exam (Academic Commons, inside the Library)
- Students registered to take Calculus (MATH 150) must take this exam
- Students who plan to take calculus or pre-calculus, at some point during their time at Drew, must also take the exam
- Biology Placement Exam (Hall of Science, Room 244)
- This exam is only for students who have received a 4 or 5 on the AP Biology Exam and are seeking exemption from the lecture component of Biology 150.
- Bring a pen or pencil and a basic (not scientific) calculator.
- Chemistry Placement Exam – this exam is online; it exam can be taken at any time: https://moodle.drew.edu/3/enrol/index.php?id=985
- You then need to login by clicking the “Continue” button at the bottom of the page.
- After logging in, click [Enroll me]; You may need to go back and click the link again to get to the right page.
5 – 6:30 PM: Dinner (The Commons)
7 – 8:30 PM: “After the Fire” with Alvaro and Shawn (Baldwin Gym)
- Alvaro and Shawn talk about their experience of being college burn victims nation-wide at many colleges across the country. They are advocates for fire safety and prevention so that no other students will have to endure the pain that they suffered.
JOIN A CHOIR or TAKE VOICE LESSONS!
If you’d like to join one of the two choirs at Drew or sign up for private voice instruction, please visit drew.edu/music/choralvocal and sign up for a brief, painless audition for placement in either Chorale or Choral Union, or in the voice studio of one of our wonderful vocal professors. For more information, please contact Dr. Matthew Webb at email@example.com.