Campus Recreation Services is the largest employer of students on the Drew campus. CRS relies on competent and capable students to manage the Simon Forum, run the intramural program, and even instruct our fitness classes that are offered in the Haselton Dance Studio and Lower Dance Studio. This workforce provides many opportunities for campus employment. While we give preference to Federal Work Study students, all qualified students are encouraged to apply.
To apply to a job posting listed below please contact Campus Recreation Services, at ext. 3444 or firstname.lastname@example.org, to set up an interview.
Simon Forum Staff – $7.60/hr – $8.10/hr (Front Desk, Fitness Room, Weight Room, Issue Desk, Manager)
Sorry, no positions available at this time.
- Greet patrons and answer questions about the campus and surround areas
- Answer building phone (Front Desk)
- Sell and log guest passes (Front Desk)
- Ensure all patrons swipe in or sign in (Front Desk)
- Keep designated area clean and tidy (Fitness and Weight Rooms)
- Clean equipment as assigned to shift 1-3 pieces/hour (Fitness and Weight Rooms)
- Issue equipment and maintain inventory (Issue Desk)
- Manage squash and racquetball court usage (Issue Desk)
- Qualifications: Must be able to comprehend and speak English, friendly, trustworthy, reliable, authoritative, knowledgeable about campus and surrounding area and wise decision maker
Fitness Instructor – $8.60/hr (must have certification)
Interested parties should email email@example.com
Seeking Instructors for various fitness classes. Classes are taught weekly in 1-hour sessions. Class times would generally be 7:30-8:30am, noon-1pm, 1-2pm, 5:30-6:30pm, and/or 8-9pm. Examples of classes are Cardio Kickboxing, Pilates, Step Aerobics, Tai Chi, Yoga, and Zumba. We are open to class suggestions but the instructor must be qualified and certified in that area, and the class must be geared towards a college campus audience (students, faculty and staff).
Intramural Referee- $7.60/hr
Officials needed for all sports. Interested parties should email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Set-up and break down event
- Officiate contests (basketball, dodgeball, flag football, kickball, soccer, volleyball, etc.)
- Preferred if you have knowledge of sport specific rules, but training is available.
- Willingness to work in all weather conditions (heat, cold, rain, etc.)
- Qualifications: Punctual, reliable, responsible, proactive, effective verbal & written communication skills, ability to enforce the rules to a league of your peers.