|Monday – Friday||12:00 pm – 3:00 pm
8:00 pm – 9:30 pm
|Tuesdays & Thursdays only:||7:30 am – 9:30 am|
|Saturday – Sunday||1:00 pm – 4:00 pm|
Summer Pool Hours
Monday to Friday: 1-4 PM
Saturday & Sunday: Closed
If you have any questions regarding Lifeguarding, Pool Hours or anything related the to the Pool, please contact Drew Head Swimming Coach Rich Munson: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 973-408-3002.
For information regarding lifeguarding classes please check: NJLifeguard.com
Is This for Me?
Recreation swim is lap or open swim, offered to faculty, staff, and students. Additionally, alumni and family members of the faculty and staff can attend with purchase of a $5 guest pass (see below for purchase info).
Open Swim Guidelines
- All patrons need to follow the direction of lifeguard/manager and abide by the pool rules
- Anyone under the age of 16 needs to be accompanied by an adult at all times
- Staff members can bring their family to the pool during open swim, but they must stay with them if they are young children and follow the direction of the guards as to where to swim
- Children wearing floatation devices must be accompanied in the water within arm’s reach of the caregiver and must stay in the shallow end of the pool
- For safety purposes during recreational swim a deep water test must be passed in order to go into the deep end
- Drew ID’s / Guest Passes must be brought to the pool and left on the guard table
- All patrons must enter and exit through the pool locker room doors.
- Recreational Group swims please reach out to the Aquatics Director to make sure there is proper guard coverage.
Simon Forum Pool Policies:
Patrons must follow direction of lifeguard / pool manager at all times
- Any person showing evidence of any communicable skin diseases, sore or inflamed eyes, cold, nasal or ear discharges, or any other communicable diseases shall be denied admission.
- Any person with excessive sunburn, open blisters, cuts or bandages shall be denied admission.
- Do not enter the water if you are experiencing or recovering from diarrhea or have had any signs or symptoms of a gastrointestinal (stomach) disease in the past seven days.
- All children in diapers must wear plastic pants with snug fitting elastic waist and leg bands. Do not wash out soiled diapers in the bathing water.
- Children should be encouraged to use the restroom before entering the water. Immediately report any “accidents” you observe in the bathing waters to a lifeguard.
- No animals, except for service animals, shall be allowed in the swimming pool, wading pool, hot tub, or spa area, dressing rooms, or other parts of the enclosure.
- Glass containers are prohibited in pool area.
- All persons shall shower before entering the water.
- Conduct which endangers the safety and comfort of others shall be prohibited.
- Bathing shall be prohibited during an electrical storm.
- Persons suspected of being under the influence of drugs and alcohol shall be prohibited from entering the water.
- Prolonged underwater swimming for time and/or distance, competitive and/or repetitive breath-holding is not permitted
- Anyone under the age of 16 needs to be accompanied by an adult
- Use of Coast Guard approved and labeled personal floatation devices (PDF) may be used at the guard/managers discretion
- Non Swimmers must be accompanied in the water within arm’s reach of an adult at all times
- Floatation devices such as, bubbles, water wings, are for instructional use only and must be accompanied in the water within arm’s reach of an adult at all times
- No diving allowed. Diving blocks / boards are for competitive use only. Bathers should use a feet first entry at all times.
- Non-swimmers need to stay in the shallow end of the pool
- All swimmers with shoulder length & below hair must wear a swim cap while swimming. No Hair Clips or bobby pins permitted
- Children and adults of all ages must enter/exit the pool locker rooms to change into and out of swimming attire.
- No changing on the deck.
- Food, gum, and drinks not allowed in pool area
- WALK on the pool deck.
- Do not walk in fins on the pool deck.
- No holding/hanging on lane line
- Failure to abide by the rules may result in patrons being asked to leave
In case of an emergency, follow the lifeguards to the designated area.
Purchasing a Guest Pass
Guest passes are day passes, and are only valid on the day of purchase.
All valid ID holders in the Drew community are extended the privilege of bringing one guest at a time. All guests must be accompanied by a valid ID holder and must register at the Simon Forum Front desk. After you and your guest arrive, the desk attendant will ask you for your ID card. Guests are required to fill out the “Awareness, Acknowledgment and Assumption of Risk Agreement” and pay the $5.00 guest fee (Checks should be made out to: Drew University, with the “guest pass” in the memo line. Please make sure that your name and address are on the top, left-hand corner.)
A guest pass will then be issued with the following information: Guest’s Name, Host’s Name, Host’s Drew ID #, Date, Time, and signature of Desk Attendant. Please remember to hold on to your guest pass. If your guest would like to use the fitness room, free weight room or pool, or would like to borrow equipment, he or she should present their guest pass to the desk attendant/lifeguard.
Guests must also adhere to the general rules of the building as they relate to proper attire and behavior!