Resources developed by Drew faculty and by WAC programs elsewhere
Below you will find links to resources developed by Drew faculty and by WAC programs elsewhere. (Please share others that we might add to this site.)
* Questions to ask as you design writing assignments
* Write-to-Learn assignments for college seminars – WTL activities & suggestions about how to incorporate them into a course
* General assignment design – Strategies for developing assignment instructions in a way that facilitates good student response.
* Sample WID & WM Assignments & Syllabi – A range of assignments shared by Drew faculty
* How to highlight a text – A workshop by Writing Fellow Marley Amico
* Rhetorical Reading Information Literacy – A handout and workshop ideas
* Peer Review Workshops – a General guide to peer workshops and types of long and brief workshops
* Thesis and Organization workshop – exploring the relationship between thesis and topic sentences
* Color Coding the Parts of a Draft to aid Revision – A workshop by Writing Fellows Leah Nadel & Madeleine Blossom
* Using Skeleton Outlines in the Revision Process – A workshop by Writing Fellow Hannah Kohn (with Marianne D’Aries)
* Flow Chart Template – a handout to help in prewriting or revision for organization by Writing Fellow Kelsey Oeler
* Sample Rubrics from Drew Faculty – Rubrics and strategies shared by our colleagues
* What students have to say about grading – YouTube video produced by students about what they value in instructor feedback.
Resources from Elsewhere
- OWL Purdue: Writing Across the Curriculum & Writing to Learn: suggestions for incorporating writing and writing-to-learn activities in your classes
- WAC at George Mason University: one of the country’s leading WAC programs
- The WAC Clearinghouse: Central collection site for WAC nationwide programs. Contains many resources, including readings and is the home of Across the Disciplines
- Council of Writing Program Administrators: National professional organization for writing program administrators. Policy statements, teaching resources, and the Writing Program Administration Journal
- Central Michigan University: WAC/WID: Program description and writing center resources
- Minnesota State Writing to Learn: Description of program, sample assignments, key concepts
- University of Illinois WAC: Program description, links, resources, assignments and syllabi.
Sandra Jamieson. 2013