Fall is the perfect time to visit Drew! As campus comes to life for a new academic year and “The Forest” turns shades of amber and scarlet we will offer a full array of visit opportunities including campus tours and information sessions. Our Full-Impact Days include panel discussions, opportunities to explore campus and a chance to meet current students, faculty and staff in ways not possible at traditional, large-scale college open houses.
Full Impact Days
For current high school sophomores, juniors, seniors and transfer students.
Save the Date
Registration for future events will be open later in the year, but mark your calendars!
- Saturday, December 6, 2014
Contact the college admissions office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 973-408-DREW to learn more.
There’s no substitute for the real thing; come for a tour and see Drew’s beauty, feel its energy. Student-led campus tours depart from Wesley House (home of college admissions). Plan to arrive 15 minutes early to sign in. Campus tours are hour long walking tours; if special assistance is necessary, please note that we require at least two weeks’ notice.
Hour long walking tours led by student tour guides are offered throughout the year.
Register for a Tour
Student-led group tours are available to high schools, community groups and organizations of 10 to 30 students who are high school seniors, juniors or in the spring of their sophomore years.
- Reservation is required at least two (2) weeks in advance.
- Reservation is confirmed when you receive notice from the Office of College Admissions.
- Group size limit is 30, not including chaperones.
- All tours are walking tours.
- Groups arriving more than 30 minutes late can not be guaranteed a tour.
- If inclement weather is predicted, please bring appropriate attire and gear (e.g., umbrellas).
- If arriving by double-decker bus, please contact us for alternate directions.
- If special assistance is necessary, please let us know immediately.
Request a Group Tour
Can’t make it in person?
See What We’re About
We deliver Full-Impact Learning on a lush, forested campus close to New York City and the whole world. Here’s a sneak preview.
Offered on specific dates throughout the year, information sessions give prospective students and parents the opportunity to meet with admission counselors, explore our programs, learn about admission and enrollment procedures and ask questions.
On days they are held, admission information sessions begin at 11:15 a.m. and conclude before noon. Information sessions are scheduled to coordinate with campus tours, which begin at 10 a.m. and noon.
Information Sessions are offered throughout the year. Please see the dates available to find the one that best meets your needs.
Register for an Info Session
Consider an Interview
We welcome high school seniors and transfer students for interviews so that we can learn more about you and give you have the opportunity to ask questions of us. It’s for your benefit as well as ours. Interviews are not required at Drew with the exception of applicants to the seven-year B.A./M.D. Dual Degree who must interivew prior to December 1.
Call us at 973-408-3739 to schedule an interview. For students who live more than three hours (or 200 miles) from Drew, consider an online interview via Skype (click the button below).
Schedule a Skype Interview
Academic Day Visits
Academic Day visits give admitted students a chance to see what it is like to be a student at Drew. Typically, students sit in on two classes (self-selected based on their interests – see below), have lunch with current students, take a campus tour, and if possible, sit in on a club meeting with the hosting student.
This visit opportunity is best suited for students that have been admitted to the university. If you have questions about the type of visit that may be best for you, please call us at 973-408-3739 and we are happy to assist you.
Interested? Follow these steps:
- Browse through our course list
(Choose a term, then either select a filter or just choose
“Complete CLA Listing”)
- Record the course name, course number, day of week, time and professor
of the classes you wish to attend (a maximum of 3 classes)*
- Fill out our Academic Day Visit formAcademic Day Visits will resume in October
* Courses numbered 100-200 are appropriate for rising college students.
* Courses labeled “Laboratory” or “Recitation” are not open to visitors.
* Class visits must be scheduled on one day only; select classes that fall on the same day and do not overlap.
* In the event that a professor does not allow visitors or the date selected is not ideal for visitation, you will be notified before the date of your intended visit.
For the best Academic Day visit, please sign up for your visit no later than two weeks in advance. An email confirmation with a schedule, and rules and guidelines for your day visit will follow once permission to sit in on the class has been granted, and your schedule has been organized by a member of our admissions team. Please note that the visit is not official until an email confirmation from an admissions representative is received.
Thinking about Transferring? ATTEND A TRANSFER THURSDAY.
- Speak directly with your transfer admission counselor
- Receive a preliminary review of your application and transcripts
- Tour the campus
- Learn more about available academic programs
- Learn more about student life
- Offered every Thursday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Some holidays and other dates are excluded.
Register for a Transfer Thursday
Drew comes to you! Check our map to see when Drew will be in your area this month.
What better way to get a feel for being a Drew student than to spend a night as one? Drew’s overnight program pairs admitted high school seniors with Drew student ambassadors who serve as overnight and day hosts. Meet Drew students, sleep in a dorm room, tour the campus, eat in the Commons, attend classes, meet faculty and coaches and be a part of on-campus events.
Overnight visits are offered Sunday through Thursday, February 5 to March 11 and March 18 to April 29.
Typical Ambassador Stay Schedule:
*Schedule will vary depending on the course list and interests of the Drew host.
|4:30 p.m.||Check-in with host at Wesley House (admissions)|
|5 p.m.||Student departs with host for dinner|
|6 p.m.||Student attends activities with host and spends the night in a residence hall|
|7-9 a.m.||Breakfast with host|
|9 a.m.-noon||Attend classes and activities with host|
|1-4 p.m.||Attend classes and activities with host|
|4 p.m.||Depart campus|
Parents are more than welcome to come to Wesley House for a meet-and-greet with an admissions counselor when they drop off or pick up their son/daughter. The student is also encouraged to join the conversation when the day’s activities are complete. Meet-and-greets may be scheduled anytime between 3 and 5 p.m.
What to bring:
- A sleeping bag and pillow
- Toiletries and a towel
- A change of clothes
- Some spending money
- Homework or reading material (so your host has time to get some homework done too!)
- Others have also brought a small air mattress, a notebook for class visits, etc.
We’ll give you:
- A folder with your schedule, three meal tickets and other important information
- An excuse letter for your high school
Request an Overnight Visit