Date: Tuesday, July 17, 4:00 – 6:00pm
Location: Seminary Hall, Room 205
Are you drawn to spiritual formation? Or do you have a spiritually curious lay leader in your congregation who is serving your church well and is ready to take the next step to deeper faith and spirituality through learning?
Come learn more about Drew’s Certificate in Spiritual Formation! It is one of our newest non-degree programs designed to offer theological education directly to local church members. Cynthia Bailey Manns, Spiritual Director and Coordinator of Spiritual Formation Certification, will welcome you, provide an overview, and answer any questions you might have. Refreshments will be served.
This certificate requires five courses that will be offered in a two-year cycle.
1. Spiritual Disciplines for Personal, Parish and Ecological Renewal
2. Sacred Conversations: Teaching the Bible
3. Spiritual Direction/Companionship
4. Practicum in Spiritual Direction/Companionship
5. United Methodist students will take a Methodist History course. Other students may select an elective from an approved list of course that includes: Spirituality of Joy, Sabbath as Spiritual Practice, Celtic Spirituality and a Taize summer pilgrimage and several others.
Full details on this certification program can be found at drew.edu/theological/um-courses/certification-in-spiritual-formation
Questions?: Contact Nancy VanderVeen, Director of Theological Lifelong Learning, at email@example.com.