Classes Without Quizzes
Classes without Quizzes offers seminarians, clergy, and laity the opportunity to explore vital topics that provide relevant and practical information to assist them in their ministries. Workshops will take place on Friday mornings from 9:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., and refreshments will be provided.
- Cost: $20 per workshop, $50 for any 3 seminars, or $100 for all six seminars. Drew seminarians may attend at not cost, but prior registration is required.
- Continuing Education Units: One CEU is available for the completion of all three Fridays (additional cost of $35); two CEUs are available for completing all six (additional cost of $70).
- Location: Seminary Hall, Room 210
Schedule of Presentations for Fall 2014 – Spring 2015:
February 27, 2015
“A Coach Approach to Ministry” – Dr. Anne Yardley, Certified Life Coac, Retired Associate Academic Dean, Drew Theological School – Sarah Diamant, Administrative Librarian for Special Collections at Jewish Theological Seminary in NYCShow the full seminar description
March 20, 2015
“Choosing Happiness: Practicing Positive Psychology in the Church” – Rev. Dr. Charles McNeil, Retired UM Clergy, Psychotheraphist, Licensed Marriage and FAmily Therapist, and Adjunct ProfessorShow the full seminar description
April 24, 2015
“Intentional Intergenerational Ministry” – Sherri Shumate, Adjunct Instructor of Christian EducationShow the full seminar description
The Seminary Saturdays program at Drew offers churches and individuals the opportunity to gain perspectives beyond the local church. Each Saturday morning session will offer one workshop on a spiritual topic and one on a theological topic. The seminars run from 9:00 a.m. – 12 noon with a continental breakfast from 8:30 – 9:00 a.m.
- Cost: $30 per seminar, $75 for any three workshops, or $150 for all six. Drew seminarians may attend at no cost, but prior registration is required.
- Continuing Education Units: One CEU is available for the completion of any three Saturdays (additional cost of $35). Two CEUs are available for completion of all six Saturdays (additional cost $70).
- Location: Seminary Hall, Rooms 101 & 109
Schedule of Presentations for Fall 2014 – Spring 2015 :
(choose one per date)
Theological: “Proclamation Beyond the Pulpit”
Dr. Gerald Liu, Assistant Professor of Homiletics and Worship ArtsShow the full program description
Theological: “Ethics of Divorce: Rethinking Shame in Ecclesial Responses to Divorce”
Natalie Williams, PhD Candidate, Religion and Society, Drew Theological SchoolShow the full program description
Spirituality: “Discover your Spiritual Type”
Pastor Fran Thiessen, PCUSA-Pastor of the Presbyterian Church in Norwood, Spiritual Director at Union Theological Seminary, NYCShow the full program description
Theological: “Unlocking the Treasures of the Old Testament Apocrypha”
Rev. Robert Corin Morris, S.T.B., D.D., , Founder of Interweave, Summit, NJShow the full program description
Spirituality: “Relationships: Practicing the Christian Virtues of Kindness & Humility”
Rev. Gina Jacobs, Interim/Assoc. Regional Pastor for ABC-NJ, Interim Pastor, St. Paul Baptist Church, Atlantic Highlands, NJ; Assoc. Regional Pastor for Women in Ministry, american Baptist Churches of NJ; Chair, Developmental Education, Nyack CollegeShow the full program description
Theological: “Living in Solidarity with the Poor: Theologies of Downward Mobility”
Dr. Chris Boesel, Associate Professor of Christian TheologyShow the full program description
Spirituality: “Soaking Prayer Ministry”
Rev. Dr. Stafford Miller, Pastor, St. John’s UMC, Mt. Zion-Wesley UMCShow the full program description