Classes without Quizzes offers seminarians, clergy, and laity the opportunity to explore vital topics that provide relevant and practical information to assist them in their ministries. Workshops will take place on Friday mornings from 9:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., and refreshments will be provided.
Cost: $20 per workshop, $50 for any 3 seminars, or $100 for all six seminars. Drew seminarians may attend at not cost, but prior registration is required.
Continuing Education Units: One CEU is available for the completion of all three Fridays (additional cost of $35); two CEUs are available for completing all six (additional cost of $70).
Schedule of Presentations for Fall 2013 – Spring 2014:
September 27, 2013
- Rev. Dr. Neill Tolboom, Senior Pastor, Morristown, NJ United Methodist Church
Description of September 27, 2013 Seminar
October 25, 2013
“Coping with Challenging Characters in a Church Context”
- Rev. Dr. Charles McNeil, Retired UM Clergy, Psychotherapist, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, and Adjunct Professor, Drew Theological School
Description of October 25, 2013 Seminar
November 22, 2013
“Empowering Children & Youth in Faith Communities”
- Deborah Streicher, President, Lutheran Association of Christian Educators
Description of November 22, 2013 Seminar
February 21, 2014
“Young Adults, Ethics, and Ministry”
- Dr. Kate Ott, Assistant Professor of Christian Social Ethics
March 28, 2014
“Congregational Healing from Crisis and Trauma”
- Dr. Arthur Pressley, Associate Professor of Psychology and Religion
April 25, 2014
“Introducing Change in Church (and Other “Change-Resistant” Environments)”
- Dr. Charles McNeil, Retired UM Clergy, Psychotherapist, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, and Adjunct Instructor
Description of April 25, 2014 Seminar
If you have a bright idea or are interested in leading a workshop yourself, please contact Nancy VanderVeen at email@example.com or via phone at 973-408-3084.