Accessing Voice mail
Logging in to your voice mail box is different depending on whether you are a student or faculty/staff member, and on where you are calling from.
- From your room/office
- Resident Students – Dial x3131. Wait for the voice prompt, then press [#] and dial you extension. Then enter your password when prompted.
- Faculty/Staff – Pick up your line, press the button marked “VMB” or “Voice Mail”, and enter your password when prompted
- From elsewhere on campus
- Everyone – Dial x3131. When prompted, press [#] and dial your extension. Then enter your password when prompted.
- From off campus
- Everyone - Dial (973) 408-3131 When prompted, press [#] and dial your extension. Then enter your password when prompted.
Initial Setup of Your Voice mail Box
When you get a new extension, the first thing you need to do is set up your voice mail account. Your voice mail account is one of your primary contacts with the rest of the University, not to mention the outside world. As a new user there are three things you need to set up on your account. The Octel Aria voice mail system that Drew University uses has a very user-friendly interface which will walk you through the initial setup process.
The first thing that the system will want from you is a new password. Though you receive an initial password from telecom, the system requires you to pick a new number for security reasons. The system will ask you to enter a new password twice to confirm that you have given it the number you want.
Next, it will ask for you to record your name. This name will be played when someone is looking up your extension with x4111; also when you send voice mail, your recorded name can be played to the recipient.
Finally, the system will ask you for an initial greeting. This recording will be played to anyone attempting to send you voice mail. There are many types of greetings that you can setup and modify later; for more information, please see voice mail Greetings Setup.
Checking Your Messages
To check your messages, log into your voice mail box and press 
During message playback press:
 to rewind
 to fast forward
  to skip to the end of the message
 to hear envelope information (date and time the message was received)
At the end of a message press:
 to hear envelope information (information about the sender and when the message was sent)
 to delete the message
 to save the message
You can send messages to other campus voice mail boxes from your voice mail. To do this:
- Log into to your voice mail box and press 
- Record your message. when finished recording, press [#]
- (optional) To review the message you just recorded, press 
- To send the message you just recorded, dial the extension you would like to send it to OR
- Press [#] if you would like to spell the name of the person you’d like to send the message to using your touch-tone phone
- To send the message, press [#] or for more options press