The Drew University Telecommunications Department is the division of Computing and Network Services that deals primarily with communications technology. Our responsibilities include:
- Providing phone service and voice mail service for the University
- Maintenance and repair of communications cabling, including phone, cable TV and data network cabling.
- Maintenance and repair of the campus Distributed Antenna system, which re-broadcasts cellular phone signal to improve interior cell phone coverage in some buildings.
- Mobile Communications Device Policy - Information about the new MCD (i.e. cell phone) policy, including the MCD Request form and stipend guidelines
- Personal Authorization Code Lookup - View your Personal Authorization Code (PAC) (requires log-in).
- View Phone Charges - view your phone charges from last month. Charges from previous months are also available (going back to July 2012). *Note for students, you cannot pay your phone bill with this web portal. Phone charges go directly onto your student account, which is paid through the Business Office. You can check your current account balance on CampusWeb, and visit the Business Office web page for more information on payment options
- View Invoices prior to July, 2012 - In July 2012, the Telecom department changed to a new billing system. Phone charges from earlier months can still be viewed for a limited time using this link.
- National Do-Not-Call Registry – Getting unwanted calls from telemarketers? We cannot control who calls you, but the government can help. Register your Drew phone line with the National Do-Not-Call Registry and put a stop to those early morning phone calls!
- Tips for international cell phone use – Before you take your cell phone overseas, read this very helpful information from the FCC
- Student Job Application – Are you eligible for work-study? Are you Interested in working at Telecom? Then fill out this online job application. We usually hire several new students at the beginning of the Fall and Spring semesters.