How to Reduce Page Margins
These intstructions are specifically for Drew computers. In Office 2007, all margins are set to 1 inch, but printers can still print pages with smaller margins.
Each user must manually change their page margins. To change your default margin settings:
- Open Word. A blank page will show.
- Click Page Layout
- Click Margins and at the bottom of that menu, click Custom Margins.
- Set your desired Margin preferences (set to 0.5″ all around) and on the bottom left , click default.
- You will be asked if you want to change the default settings, click yes.
- Now every time you open Word, that blank page will display with your new margin settings.
Please note some professors prefer 1″ margins. Ask your professor what margins they prefer for turning in reports.
Did you know…
The page margin settings for Office 2003 are 1.5 inches on the left and right margins!