Simple steps to reduce your paper use!
- Practice double-sided printing –>Learn how
- Set your laser printer to double-side by default –>Learn how
- Default your printer margins to 0.5 inches
- Tweak your document before printing, making sure to make corrections and reducing the need for multiple copies
- Reduce your printing and don’t print e-mails
- Use one-sided paper as scrap paper
Faculty: Encourage assignments to be printed double-sided with margins reduced to 0.5.
Staff: Take an audit of your office’s paper use. Where can reductions be made?
Students: Be creative about re-using paper, for example in making flyers.
Remember to recycle paper in proper recycling bins. If your office needs a paper recycling bin, contact Facilities at x3510.