The University believes that learning takes place outside the classroom as well as within. An important component of the college experience is living in community with others, participating in student organizations and attending events. There are a variety of housing styles for undergraduates including theme houses, special interest floors, suites, and various floor plans for doubles.  Programming takes place in all residence halls.  Thus, all undergraduate students are expected to live on campus in order to fully benefit from the residential experience and co-curricular activities and to enjoy the full advantages of residential learning.

All full time, enrolled, undergraduate students are required to live on campus during their years of study at Drew  Students can apply for commuter status if they will be residing with a parent or family member designated by a parent, and live within a fifty mile radius of the campus.  Any student wishing to change his or her status from residential to commuter should follow directions on the Undergraduate Housing website. Juniors and seniors who want to experience off campus living, can request to move off campus by completing the Change of Status form.

All residence hall assignments are made through the Housing Office.  First year students complete an online application indicating their preferences for style of housing and roommate characteristics. Transfer students also complete the on-line application indicating housing style preferences and roommate characteristics.  Upper class students choose their assignments through a room selection process run as a lottery.  Each student receives a randomly generated number and selects an assignment through an on-line process.  Undergraduates must be enrolled for twelve, or more academic credits per semester to maintain campus housing.  An exception is made for graduating seniors who may carry less than twelve credits in their final semester of coursework.

All undergraduate residence students are required to be on a meal plan.  There are several options with combinations of meals served in the University Commons dining room, and points for the Ehinger Center food court.  Any student with special dietary needs is encouraged to meet with dining services to discuss how the food service can accommodate him or her. Requests for relief from the board plan requirement should be made to the Dean of Students