Veteran Benefits at Drew University.


Veteran Benefits at Drew University

Benefits are administered by the Student Accounts office (x3114) and the Financial Aid Office (x3112).

GI Bill®

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at:

Chapters Covered

Post 911 GI Bill, Yellow Ribbon

For veterans at the 100% level, Chapter 33 + Yellow Ribbon, Drew and the VA will provide additional funding above the fee cap of $24,476.79 for the 2019-20 academic year. This level is available for up to 30 undergraduates in the College of Liberal Arts, 10 graduates in the Caspersen School, and 10 graduates in the Theological School. When the $24,476.79 maximum has been reached, Drew and the VA equally share payment of the remaining tuition and fees.

Post 911 GI Bill, Chapter 33

Veterans are certified for tuition and fees and entitled to a percentage of benefits based on length of service.

Chapter 35 Survivors’ and Dependents

Survivors’ and dependents are certified for tuition and fees and receive basic monthly rates as established by the VA.

Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitation

Veterans are certified for tuition and fees. Since Drew is contacted directly by the VA office in Newark, no certificate of eligibility is needed.

Getting Started: Start early, stipends can take several weeks to arrive.

  1. Obtaining a Certificate of Eligibility via online application (if you don’t already have it): Go to: The Veteran’s online application (VONAPP) is an official VA web site that enables service members, veterans and their beneficiaries, and other designated individuals, to apply for benefits.
  2. Fax a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility to 973-408-3621, located in the Student Accounts Office, Brothers College Room 8.  The certificate details the chapter under which you are covered and what percent of tuition and fees will be paid by the VA. It provides the effective date and the expiration date of educational benefits. We need to have a copy of this certificate in order to answer your questions about eligibility.
  3. Register for classes for the upcoming fall or spring. (Note: dropping credits during the term, may impact your VA benefits).
  4. Each semester you must fax to 973-408-3621 a signed Request for Veteran Certification Form as soon as you have registered for classes.

Additional Information

Veteran benefits are federally administered. The best resource for  information is the Veterans Administration at: