Students should start the registration process as follows:
Search for courses for a term
- Go to treehouse.drew.edu.
- Enter your network username and password. (If you do not know your ID and password, please contact the CNS help desk at x3205 or at 973-408-3205 from off-campus).
- Click on the student tab under the “Treehouse Logo”
- Under the heading “Registration Tools”, click on the “Look Up Classes” link.
- Select a term to search from the dropdown menu and then click “Submit”.
- If you would like to search by a specific subject, highlight the subject and click “Course Search”.
- Please note: The maximum load for the summer session is six credits per session. For the fall or spring semester the maximum is 9 credits.
- This will display all the classes offered during the term selected. Click on “View Sections” in order to see the sections offered for a particular class, with details including instructor, schedule, seats available, instructor approval required (this will show in the “Attribute” column), etc. You can also click on the CRN (course number) to gain access to more detail, such as the books for the course and the catalog entry. NOTE: Instructor approval required will appear underneath the title within the “Attributes” portion of the detailed information.
- You have the ability to search by a class title, type of class, course level (the levels are defined in the message at the top), instructor, gen. ed. requirement, start and end times, and days of the week the class is offered.
- Once you have highlighted the criteria to be used for the search, click on “Class Search”. Keep in mind that you must select at least one subject for the search.
- All the classes meeting the criteria will be displayed, with details including instructor, schedule, seats available, etc. You can also click on the CRN to gain access to more detail, such as the books for the course and the catalog entry.
9. Note the CRNs of courses you are interested in taking.
A. Go to treehouse.drew.edu.
B. Under the heading “Registration Tools”, click on the “Register, Add or Drop Classes” link.
C. If registration is not open, you will receive a message stating that “This term is not available for Registration processing.” You can select another term, if desired. Only terms that are currently open are displayed in the dropdown.
- If you have already determined the classes you would like to take and noted the CRNs, you can just enter them into the “Add Classes Worksheet” and click on “Submit Changes”. All classes “accepted” for registration will appear under “Current Schedule”. Think of the worksheet as your shopping cart.
i. Any classes not accepted will be displayed under the heading “Registration Add Errors”.
ii. Types of errors:
- You are already registered for another section of the class.
- You have a time conflict with another class.
- Your class has a co-requisite which you did not select at the same time. Co-requisites MUST be added together.
- Your class requires “instructor approval” and the instructor has not yet entered the approval or you have not yet contacted the instructor for approval. You will not be able to register for the class without this approval.
- If a class is closed and there are no more openings on the wait list.
- If you don’t know the CRNs or want to search for another class, click on “Class Search” at the bottom of the screen. Details on how to search are provided under “Search for courses for a term”, above.
- Since registration is open, the box under “Select” will be displayed and you can check off the box and click “Register” to register for that course section. If you check the select box and click “Add to WorkSheet”, the course will be added to your worksheet list. You will not be registered for the class until you “Submit Changes” (from the Register, Add or Drop Classes worksheet page), which will add all of the courses in your worksheet to your registration.
- If a class is closed but does have openings on the wait list and you want to be placed on the wait list, you need to add the CRN to the Worksheet and “Submit Changes”. The class will appear in the “Registration Add Errors” until you select “Wait Listed” in the action dropdown menu and “Submit Changes”. To see your position on the wait list, select the link at the bottom “Student Detail Schedule”. Under the waitlisted course, you will see the “Waitlist Position”.
- To drop a class you have registered for…
- In “Register, Add or Drop Classes” under the “Current Schedule” heading, click on the dropdown under “Action” and select your drop option. “Submit Changes” and the class will be removed from your “Current Schedule”.
- NOTE: This will submit everything on the page, including registrations for courses added to your worksheet but not yet registered for.
Once you have clicked the “Course Search” button as was described in the “Search for Courses for a Term” above, you can select specific courses to view the seat availability for that section. Click on the desired section, and you will see something similar to one of the following screens:
Please note that if a Cross list (XL) exists, then you should pay special attention to the Cross List Seats remaining, not the section Seats remaining. In the examples above, there are 24 seats available for students, not 25.