Please see the faculty instructions for the new and improved declaration and/or change of Major/Minor process in TreeHouse below.
Beginning the Process
- When a student requests to add or drop a major by completing this process (http://www.drew.edu/registrar/student/major-minor-declaration), the Department Chair will automatically be sent an email from the Registrar email account (firstname.lastname@example.org) with that request, and the email will include a link to approve or reject the request. (If you misplace the email and/or link, all current workflow tasks can be found here.)
- The Department Chair will click on the link and be sent to the “Banner Workflow” application, which will have an area to approve or reject the request. The “Banner Workflow” application will look similar to below:
- Follow the instructions indicated in the workflow. They are spelled out below for your convenience:
- Please indicate either ‘Approve,’ ‘Reject,’ or ‘Return for Rework’ and the click the Complete button.
- If ‘Approve’ is chosen, please refresh your worklist and select a new Departmental Advisor for the student. If ‘Reject’ or ‘Return for Rework’ is chosen, please refresh your worklist and enter either the reason for the rejection or describe the additional work needed to approve this request (Rework) in the ‘Comments’ section.
- In order to “refresh your worklist,” as is mentioned above, please wait approximately 30 seconds after clicking “Complete” in the prior step, and then click on the “Worklist” link in the top left of the page (see screenshot below):
- Once that is complete, the workflow will re-populate with the student’s request (see below), and it needs to be selected to complete the process:
Approving the Major or Minor Request
- For an approval of the major request, you will be prompted to complete the following page by entering the Advisor ID in the field specified (if you believe there are advisors missing from the picklist, please contact the Registrar’s Office by emailing email@example.com or by calling x3025):
- Upon entering the Advisor ID and clicking the “Complete” button, you will be returned to the workflow page. Please refresh your waitlist the same way as you did before, and select the students name again in order to confirm the Advisor. When you click the students name, you will see the following page:
- Complete the process by choosing the “Approve” radio button, by choosing the “Reject” or “Return for Rework” options to select a different Advisor. If you select a different Advisor, you will return again to this step to approve the Advisor. After you have approved the Advisor, the student will receive and email notification from the Registrar’s Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) stating that the request was approved, and the email will inform the student of their new advisor. This completes the approval portion of a change or declaration of a Major or Minor request.
Rejecting the Major or Minor Request
- For a rejection of the major request, you will be prompted to complete the following page:
- Upon filling out the form and clicking the “Complete” button, the student will be emailed a notification from the Registrar’s Office (email@example.com) stating that the request has been rejected, and the email will include the Comments you entered into the “Comments” box. This completes the rejection portion of a change or declaration of a Major or Minor request.