If you graduate as a successful psychology major from Drew University, you can expect the following:
- You will be familiar with the major concepts, theoretical perspectives, empirical findings and historical trends in psychology.
- You will understand and be able to apply basic research methods in psychology, including research design, data analysis, and interpretation.
- You will learn to respect and use critical and creative thinking, skeptical inquiry, and, when possible, the scientific approach to solve problems related to behavior and mental processes.
- You will be able to apply psychological principles to personal, social, and organizational issues. This includes the development of insight into your own and others’ behavior and mental processes and application of effective strategies for self-management and self-improvement.
- You will be able to communicate effectively to a professional/scientific community.