A private residence until 1960. The original owners, the Tilghmans, were descended directly from English barons appointed at the signing of the Magna Carta in 1215.
HistoryDesigned by Boring & Tilton and built near the end of the Victorian era in 1894 by Enos Wilder for his daughter Nella, the Tilghman House reflects many elements of the Old English Revival Style: cream brick for the main body accented by stone quoins, intricate brick work on the parapeted stepped gables, stuccoed half-timbered end gables, with multi-paned diamond-patterned windows and distinctive chimney pots.
The building, one of three built by Enos Wilder for his family, was purchased by Sidell Tilghman and sold to Drew in the 1960s. Today, it houses business offices and the registrar.