The centerpiece of campus and a national historic site, Mead Hall houses the presidents office, administrative offices and seminar classrooms. Devastated by fire in 1989, Mead Hall reopened in 1993, completely restored to its original grandeur. It is on the National Historic Register and is considered the finest example of Greek Revival architecture north of the Mason-Dixon line.
HistoryWilliam Gibbons built this splendid home between 1833-1836 and called the property, "The Forest." The Gibbons family occupied the property until 1867. It is Greek Revival in style with six fluted Ionic columns. A Greek key design decorates the windows and door. The centerpiece of the campus, Mead Hall is 145 feet wide and 90 feet deep.
Daniel Drew, a financier bought the property from the Gibbons family and gave it to the Methodist Church in 1867.
In August 1989 the building caught fire necessitating extensive restoration and rebuilding. Reopened in 1993, it is now used for administrative offices, reception and seminar rooms, and is on the National Register of Historic Places.