Brothers College is one of two primary classroom buildings for undergraduates. It was built in 1929 with a gift from Arthur and Leonard Baldwin and the College of Liberal Arts (initially named Brothers College in honor of the Baldwins) was born. Additionally, it is home to faculty offices, the Language Resource Center and the Academic Computing Center.
HistoryArthur and Leonard Baldwin donated $1.5 million to build Brothers College. The cornerstone was laid in May 1929. The style is Georgian Revival with pediment and porch.
Greek motifs are etched in the pediment and column capitals; hooded windows with Greek key as well as a stone course around the building accent the design.
The name of the building was selected to commemorate the ideal relationship that existed between the two brothers.