We can help your students learn to:
- think about the kinds of information and resources they need to find
- analyze how the literature in your discipline is organized
- develop bibliographies for their research assignments
- retrieve materials efficiently, so that their energy can be focused on understanding the material, rather than on finding it
- search effectively on the Internet
- filter and evaluate the material they’ve retrieved
To support student research in your courses, we can:
- offer an in-class session on searching.
- develop a research guide tailored to your course (generally also included in a class session).
- meet with your students, one-on-one, to guide their research efforts.
- if your course has an Blackboard site, provide an assigned librarian to whom you can provide a link.
To request an library instruction session, you may submit the library instruction request form (below), or call:
- Jody Caldwell, X3481 (CLA, Caspersen School)
- Jesse Mann , X3472 (Theological School, Graduate Division of Religion)
- Your favorite librarian (see our Staff page)