Drew faculty, students & staff may place a recall/hold on checked-out items while browsing in the library catalog:
- When viewing a title record in the catalog, [Place Hold] or [Cannot place hold] will display.
- Click on [Complete Record]; the complete title record will display. Verify that this is the item you want: click on [Place a Hold] in the Items Resources Box. ( If you are already in the complete record, just click on [Place a Hold] in the Items Resources Box. If [Place a Hold] does not appear, the item is not recallable)
- Prompt will require your Drew user name & password ( unless you’ve already entered it ).
- Click [OK] to complete the process and you will be placed in a hold queue.
- To find out your place in the hold queue, check your “My Library Account.”
- Wait time: an item placed on hold will be recalled if the current borrower has had the item for 30 days. You may have a wait time of over 30 days if the item was just checked out. If you are 2 in the queue, you may have a wait time of over 60 days.
- In your “My Library Account” you may cancel your hold if you no longer need the item. If a hold item is marked “available” it is being held for you at circulation; if “unavailable” item has not yet been returned to the library.
- Item will be held at Circulation Desk for no more than 10 days.
- Hold request limit: 10 items.
- You will be notified by email when your requested item is available for pick-up.
- Hold requests may also be submitted by completing a recall card at circulation.
- You may place a hold on books “being acquired by the library” that were ordered after 9/5/2006. You may have a long wait period for these items. If you require this title quickly, please request from Interlibrary Loan.
The recall/hold process and wait period is the same whether placing a hold online or submitting a recall card at the Circulation Desk.