What type of photocopying is available?
There are 2 photocopiers on the main floor of the Library, near the Research Helpdesk, and 2 Reader/Printers for making copies from microfilm and microfiche on Level C outside the Center for Academic Excellence. The Xerox machines have a book edge top, which means copying from books can be done without damaging the spines.
How much are the copies?
Copies are $.10 each, per side. One of the photocopiers accepts cash only and gives change; the other copier accepts Drew Debit Accounts only. The Microfilm/Microfiche Reader/Printers need exact change, which you can obtain at the Circulation Desk.
Can I scan images and save them on a USB drive?
- Scanning can be done at the Scannx Scanning station in the printing area, as well as on the copiers.
- You can scan to your Google Drive or to a USB memory stick on the Scanning station; the copiers only scan to save to a USB memory stick.
- Scanning is free, in color or black & white.
- Results will be in PDF format.
- Black & white printing can be done from one of our workstations, 10 cents a page; color printing, at 25 cents a page.
If you have any questions about this service, please ask at the circulation desk or Research Helpdesk.
Note that more complicated scanning may require consulting the ITS lab, at the back of the Academic Commons.
How do I pay for photocopies?
In order to use your Drew ID to make photocopies, you must set up a discretionary debit account with the Business Office (X 3114). No change for bills will be provided at the Circulation Desk. Copiers accept coins, $1.00 or $5.00 bills (excepting the new $5 bills), and Drew ID cards.
How do I pay for copies from the Microfilm/Microfiche Reader/Printers?
Dimes are needed to make microform copies. Dimes can be purchased at the Circulation Counter with coins, $1.00 or $5.00 bills.
Can the Photocopiers enlarge and reduce items?
What type of paper do the photocopiers accept?
The copiers print onto letter or legal size paper.
Can the photocopiers do transparencies?
Can the photocopiers do double-sided copying?