The Lab provides faculty and staff a comfortable space to work set apart from the daily hustle and bustle of the University. The Lab contains twelve distinct workstations (11 PC workstations plus an iMac) packed with both the hardware and software needed to pursue projects from simple word processing to web design to intensive video editing.
The knowledgeable full-time and student staff will be able to help you, not only with any specific questions you have, but also help you develop your projects and find ways of incorporating the technology housed within our labs into your classrooms.
These workstations allow faculty to:
- Create web pages
- Create PowerPoint presentations
- Record and edit audio/video files
- Scan and edit image files
- Scan and edit text files in either PDF or Word files
- Transfer video to DVD
- Create printouts from the large carriage printer (price list)
The following equipment is available on loan to assist faculty in using technology in their teaching, scholarship and service:
- Laptops (2 week interim for computers being repaired; longer loans are available at the discretion of the manager)