International students who are new to the United States will need to apply for a social security number before they can be paid by Drew University.  In order to be eligible for the SSN, a student must demonstrate to International Student & Scholar Services that they have been offered on-campus employment.

Please complete this form if you are hiring an international student to work in your department.  The form must be submitted by the hiring department and not the international student.  Immigration regulations allow students in F-1 and J-1 status to work on campus part-time (up to 20 hrs/wk) while classes are in session and full-time during official university break periods.  If you have any questions, please contact Laura Arthur, Director of ISSS at