Posting Date: Wednesday, July 9, 2014
INTO University Partnerships collaborates with leading universities to provide international students with a personalized and highly supportive learning environment in which to acclimatize to life on a US university campus and prepare for long-term academic success.
In Fall 2014, our sixth US university partnership, INTO New York at Drew University, will welcome its first student cohort. We are currently seeking an international student recruitment professional who will play a key role in building global awareness of and driving international student enrollment to the program through the use of global recruitment activities such as exhibitions, seminars, alumni events and INTO’s global recruitment and regional office network.
Drew University is a private, liberal arts university located in Madison, N.J., just 29 miles west of New York City. Ranked among the top liberal arts institutions nationwide by U.S. News & World Report, Forbes and Washington Monthly, Drew is also listed in Princeton Review’s Best 378 Colleges. Drew has a total student enrollment of 2,019 in three schools: The College of Liberal Arts, the Caspersen School of Graduate Studies and the Drew Theological School. The undergraduate program offers degrees in 30 different disciplines, while Caspersen and the Theological School offer degrees at the masters of arts and doctorate levels.
Learn more about INTO University Partnerships and our university partnerships at http://into-corporate.com.
To lead the strategic planning for and execution of international recruitment and marketing plan to drive international student enrollment to the INTO New York at Drew University programs. To develop and execute a comprehensive recruitment and marketing plan targeted at building brand recognition in key markets across the world thereby driving demand from students seeking educational experiences in the U.S. The key metrics of success for this role will be measured by meeting the international enrollment targets developed through the INTO New York at Drew University strategic plan and the INTO New York at Drew University partnership. This position will utilize an extensive network of on- and off-campus resources including alumni, government organizations, institutional partners, key faculty contacts, INTO’s global recruitment network as well as INTO’s regional offices to assist in this effort. This position will work closely with the University’s Office of International Programs and Office of Admissions; the INTO New York at Drew University Center Director; and the INTO North America Recruitment Directors and Marketing Communications Director to develop the strategy and to drive recruitment of international students.
This position will report directly to the INTO New York at Drew University Center Director
The responsibilities of this position may change and develop over time, but will include the following:
- Develop a comprehensive recruitment and marketing plan which includes participation in global recruitment activities such as exhibitions, seminars, alumni events, etc. to build the Drew University brand globally and drive international enrollments across all programs.
- Establish country-by-country strategies in coordination with INTO regional offices to reach recruitment goals in particular countries and regions.
- Manage and oversee the MCC during the annual brochure production process to ensure accuracy in representing INTO New York at Drew University and university programs/services.
- Travel extensively throughout the world to promote Drew University and its academic and language programs. Support recruitment efforts by INTO University Partnerships’ regional offices.
- Manage the Center’s annual marketing and recruitment budget and provide regular reports showing progress against recruitment goals.
- Cultivate and maintain solid, loyal relationships with US-focused recruitment channels including education counsellors, government organizations and sponsoring organizations, feeder institutions, articulation partners, etc.
- Provide on-going training, support and detailed program knowledge to external marketing and recruitment partners. Support global partners at promotional events in order to accurately represent Drew University program offerings.
- Manage INTO New York at Drew University scholarships and the scholarship budget.
- Collaborate with INTO North America’s Marketing Communications staff and Recruitment Directors in the development of recruitment marketing materials and tools to drive enrollment to Drew University programs.
- Identify new product opportunities
- Develop best practices for INTO New York at Drew University international recruitment and actively work to promote a diverse international student population.
- Work closely with the Drew University International Admissions team to ensure that accurate information about programs, requirements and admissions processes are communicated to potential applicants and IUP Regional marketing offices.
- Supervise Marketing and Communications Coordinator
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, communications, business international relations, or related area
- 3 years’ experience recruiting international students to attend academic and/or other programs in a US setting
- Experience developing and implementing a high-level recruitment and marketing plan
- At least 3 years of experience managing teams or individuals
- Demonstrated administrative experience including budget and financial management processes, public relations, strategic planning, policy formation, and supervision
- Demonstrated excellence in management, including leveraging the capabilities of a wide range of people and units
- Experience developing a high-level marketing plan and seeing it through to completion
- Eligibility to work in and travel freely to and from the U.S.
- Master’s Degree
- Experience working in a university setting
- Experience living, working or studying outside of the U.S.
- Experience with SalesForce or equivalent CRM/database system
- Demonstrated commitment to advancing diversity and equity, with particular emphasis on gender and multicultural issues
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to foster collaboration and trust, work collegially and inspire others to high levels of performance
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills, including excellent ability to communicate with people from a wide variety of cultures and linguistic backgrounds
This position is based at Drew University, Madison, New Jersey
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, please follow the link below and submit your cover letter, resume AND references to https://home2.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=11307332 . PLEASE NOTE: YOU WILL ONLY BE ABLE TO UPLOAD A SINGLE DOCUMENT, SO BE SURE TO INCLUDE ALL YOUR PAGES TOGETHER AS ONE UPLOAD. ONCE YOU HAVE SUBMITTED, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GO BACK AND EDIT OR REAPPLY.
Commensurate with experience.
Applications will be accepted for this position through close of business on Tuesday, July 22, 2014.
INTO University Partnerships provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. INTO University Partnerships complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
In order to enrich education through diversity, Drew University is an AA/EOE. In accordance with Department of Homeland Security regulations, the successful applicant must be authorized to work in the United States.